DIY Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
Skin allergies occur due to the sensitivity of our immune system towards external agents called allergens.
Some of the common allergens include pollen, plants, certain food items, metals, dust mites, animal dander, insect stings, medications, etc.
Allergies are a part of the immune system’s mechanism that includes binding to allergens and release of inflammatory substances known as histamines.
As a result, symptoms like rashes, redness, inflammation, burning sensation, hives and itching occur on the skin.
The over the counter allopathic drugs may pose the threat of causing some serious and potential side effects and one must avoid them to some extent unless not prescribed by the doctor.
So, to calm and relieve these irritating symptoms one must first of all use these handy and extremely safe home remedies for skin allergies.
Tips to Avoid Skin Allergies Naturally
Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedy to Remove Skin Allergies
Apple Cider vinegar is counted as one of the marvelous home remedies for skin allergies.
- Add 1 teaspoon of virgin Apple Cider vinegar in 1 tablespoon of water and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Apply this cotton ball over the allergic areas and keep it for half an hour.
- Rinse off with cold water.
It is very effective when it comes to soothing an itch.
Banana and Cucumber – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Skin Allergies
Banana and Cucumber puree can be applied to relieve allergic redness and skin inflammation and is listed among the excellent home remedies for skin allergies.
- Put equal quantities of finely chopped pieces of fresh cucumber and banana in a blender and make its thick puree.
- Apply a thick layer of this mixture on your irritated skin and let it rest for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and do this thrice a day to get instant relief.
Tea – Home Remedy to Cure Allergic Reactions
Make a hot brewing cup of chamomile, catnip or valerian tea. These components have a soothing and sedative effect and will ease the pain caused by allergic reactions, especially hives.
- Dip one teaspoon of dried herbs into 1 cup of water and boil it for 5 minutes on a stove.
- Strain out the herbs and drink the tea daily.
Carrot and Beetroot Juice – Home Remedy to Prevent Symptoms of Skin Allergies
Drinking carrot and beetroot juice is an effective alternative method to prevent and counter the effect of common skin allergies.
- Take chopped pieces of half a beetroot, half a cup of filtered water and 3 grated carrots in a juicer.
- Take out its fresh juice and drink every morning as potent preventive home remedies for skin allergies.
For more on skincare, check out:
Fish Oil – Natural Remedy to Curb Skin Infections
Take fish liver oil capsules thrice a day as these fish oils have all the important anti-inflammation nutrients and fatty acids. They show very impressive results as home remedies for skin allergies.
Salmon, tuna, bluefish among several other cold-water fishes must be included into meals if one is prone to various skin allergies and irritation.
Baking Soda – Home Remedy to Stop Irritation and Itching
Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda which is a part of most of the yummy dishes at our homes can also be used as home remedies for skin allergies.
- Make a paste of baking soda by adding a few drops of water to it.
- Stir it well to get a smooth consistency and apply over the affected areas and hives to stop irritation and itching.
Aloe Vera and Cod Liver Oil – Home Remedy to Curb Skin Rashes and Redness
Aloe vera is a wonderful natural product that very efficiently treats many skin-related issues and ailments.
Regular application of aloe vera gel, cod liver oil, and chamomile oil helps a great deal in curing rashes, redness and allergic skin irritation.
- Mix two teaspoons of aloe vera gel, 1 teaspoon of cod liver oil and a quarter teaspoon of chamomile oil and massage on the affected area with a light hand.
- Keep it intact for at least 45 minutes and no need to remove or wash it.
You May Like…
Lime Juice and Honey – Home Remedies for Healthy Skin
The immunity system is improved by drinking a juice of lemon and honey regularly.
- Take a glass of warm water and squeeze a lemon into it.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and stir the contents well.
- Drink this fluid daily in the morning, empty stomach before taking any breakfast.
It is a great preventive measure for skin allergies and inflammation.
Of course, one cannot do away with the risk of skin allergies altogether, but one surely can get instant relief by using these simple and readily available home remedies for skin allergies.
Quickly share these to your family, friends, and people you care for!
You may like reading: