Hives or urticaria are swollen pale red bumps occurring on the skin and are triggering by some allergens.
Some people are allergic to certain food items or exposure to certain particles that are known as allergens and as soon as they come in contact with them the outbreak of hives happens.
The allergic reaction of the body is accompanied by the secretion of histamines by our immune system. This substance histamine is inflammatory in nature and causes itching, swelling, and redness on the skin.
These allergens can be anything from food materials like nuts, fish, chocolate, tomatoes, milk, etc. to things like medicines, latex, animal dander, pollen, chemicals, food additives, insect stings, etc.
Some episodes of hives can be idiopathic i.e. with no certain reason and some can be triggered by chronic stress or sudden changes in the environment.
Home Remedies for Hives
Hives are accompanied by redness and rashes which cause itching and irritation. Sometimes hives occur as soon as a person is exposed to the allergens but in other cases, they take the time up to two hours to appear.
In place of using some allopathic creams that are packed with chemicals, one can explore his or her kitchen and garden and can find some amazing natural treatments to soothe itching.
Home remedies for hives ease the irritation and inflammation that are caused by urticaria in a natural and side-effects-free way.
They are absolutely safe, very effective and really cheap unlike other treatments for hives. So, take a look at these herbal remedies for hives and get instant pain relief by using any one or more of them.
Best Ways to Cure Hives Naturally
Cold Compress Home Remedy for Hives
Cold compress is used as powerful home remedies for hives popularly used to calm skin irritation.
- Take some cool water and dip a clean cotton towel into it.
- Wring the excess water off and put it over the affected region for at least 10 minutes.
- After this time, again soak the towel in cool water and repeat this activity for three to four times.
Avoid using excessively cold water as it can make hives worse in some people.
Pineapple Compress – Home Remedy to Treat Hives
It may sound a bit strange but it’s true that pineapple compress serves as amazing homemade remedies for hives.
Pineapple contains an enzyme known as Bromelain which is quite helpful in reducing symptoms of hives.
- Take freshly cut pieces of pineapple and crush them.
- Put the crushed pineapple pulp over a clean cotton towel and tie all the four corners together to make a small bag.
- Now keep this damp pineapple cotton bag to the areas affected by hives for 10 minutes until you experience a great deal of soothing.
You can even store this bag in the refrigerator for 24 hours and use it the next day.
You may like reading:
Home Remedies for Urticaria
Home Remedies for Hives
Oatmeal Bath – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Skin Infections
Oatmeal has been famously used since centuries to curb itching, inflammation, and irritation on the skin and acts as powerful home remedies for hives or urticaria.
- Make a fine powder of a cupful of fresh oatmeal.
- Add this powdered oatmeal into a warm water bath to make the water milky and thick.
- Take bath from this oatmeal water for as much time as you need to.
You can repeat this as natural remedies for hives every day.
Vinegar – Home Remedy to Cure Itching
You can choose from any kind of vinegar be it apple cider or white vinegar, as vinegar has natural tendency to soothe itching and hence acts as stupendous home remedies for hives.
- Make a 1:1 solution of water and vinegar probably taking 1 tablespoon of each and mix them together.
- Soak a clean cotton ball in it and apply it all over the hives.
This herbal remedy will immediately stop the discomforting skin irritation.
Baking Soda Paste – Home Remedy to Improve Skin Health
Baking soda paste is also listed among widely popular home remedies for hives.
- Take a tablespoon full of baking soda or sodium bicarbonate and mix sufficient water to it to obtain a thick consistent paste.
- Make use of your fingers or flat spatula to spread generous amounts of this paste all over the hives on the skin.
- Rinse off with normal water after 10 minutes.
Repeat this activity 3 to 4 times a day.
Nettles – Home Remedy to Cure Itching and painful Symptoms
Nettle leaves have been traditionally used as potent home remedies for hives and to soothe its itching and painful symptoms.
One can make an herbal nettle solution to avail wonderful benefits from its natural antihistamines.
- Take a teaspoon of dried nettle herb and add it to a cup of water.
- Put this mixture on the stove and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Soak a towel into it and apply on the skin affected by hives as long as you get relief.
Repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.
Ginger – Home Remedy to Treat Hive and Skin Infections
Ginger possesses outstanding antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties and is used as mind-blowing home remedies for hives. It has incredible abilities to soothe itching and swelling on the skin.
Just grate a small piece of ginger and apply this directly on the inflamed skin and massage gently.
Alternatively, you can also drink herbal ginger tea 3 to 4 times a day to get notable relief from hives.
So quickly follow these time-tested and extremely efficacious home remedies for hives and get instant relief from skin irritation and inflammation.
You May Like…
Natural Skin Nourishing Face Pack$30.00 – $80.00
Pure Aloe Vera Skin Moisturizing Cream$30.00 – $80.00
You may like reading:
Natural Home Remedies for Eczema and Itching
Home Remedies for Skin Allergies