Are you looking for effective solutions to soothe those troublesome hives? Explore our collection of home remedies for hives and discover natural ways to alleviate itching and discomfort.
Hives or urticaria are swollen, pale red bumps occurring on the skin and are triggered by some allergens.
Some people are allergic to certain food items or exposed to certain particles known as allergens, and as soon as they come in contact with them, the outbreak of hives happens.
The body’s allergic reaction is accompanied by the secretion of histamines by our immune system. This substance, histamine, is inflammatory and causes itching, swelling, and redness on the skin.
These allergens can be anything from food materials like nuts, fish, chocolate, tomatoes, milk, etc., to medicines, latex, animal dander, pollen, chemicals, food additives, insect stings, etc.
Some episodes of hives can be idiopathic, i.e., with no reason, and some can be triggered by chronic stress or sudden environmental changes.
Home Remedies for Hives
Hives are accompanied by redness and rashes, which cause itching and irritation. Sometimes hives occur as soon as a person is exposed to the allergens, but in other cases, they take up to two hours to appear.
Instead of using allopathic creams packed with chemicals, one can explore their kitchen and garden and find amazing natural treatments to soothe itching.
Home remedies for hives ease the irritation and inflammation caused by urticaria in a natural and side-effects-free way.
They are safe, very effective, and cheap, unlike other treatments for hives. So, look at these herbal remedies for hives and get instant pain relief by using any one or more of them.
Best Ways to Cure Hives Naturally
Cold Compress Home Remedy for Hives
Cold compress is used as one of the powerful home remedies for hives popularly used to calm skin irritation.
- Take some cool water and dip a clean cotton towel into it.
- Wring the excess water off and put it over the affected region for at least 10 minutes.
- After this time, again soak the towel in cool water and repeat this activity three to four times.
Avoid using excessively cold water as it can make hives worse in some people.
Pineapple Compress – Home Remedy to Treat Hives
It may sound strange, but pineapple compress is one of the amazing homemade remedies for hives.
Pineapple contains an enzyme known as Bromelain, which is quite helpful in reducing the symptoms of hives.
- Take freshly cut pieces of pineapple and crush them.
- Put the crushed pineapple pulp over a clean cotton towel and tie all four corners together to make a small bag.
- Now keep this damp pineapple cotton bag to the areas affected by hives for 10 minutes until you experience a great deal of soothing.
You can even store this bag in the refrigerator for 24 hours and use it the next day.
You may like reading:
Oatmeal Bath – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Skin Infections
Oatmeal has been famously used for centuries to curb itching, inflammation, and irritation on the skin and acts as powerful one of the home remedies for hives or urticaria.
- Make a fine powder of a cupful of fresh oatmeal.
- Add this powdered oatmeal into a warm water bath to make the water milky and thick.
- Take a bath from this oatmeal water for as long as you need.
You can repeat this as natural remedies for hives every day.
Vinegar – Home Remedy to Cure Itching
You can choose from any vinegar, be it apple cider or white vinegar, as vinegar naturally tends to soothe itching and hence acts as a spectacular home remedy for hives.
- Mix a 1:1 solution of water and vinegar, probably one tablespoon of each, and mix them.
- Soak a clean cotton ball in it and apply it all over the hives.
This herbal remedy will immediately stop the discomforting skin irritation.
Baking Soda Paste – Home Remedy to Improve Skin Health
Baking soda paste is also listed among widely popular home remedies for hives.
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda or sodium bicarbonate and mix sufficient water to obtain a thick consistent paste.
- Use your fingers or a flat spatula to spread generous amounts of this paste all over the hives on the skin.
- Rinse off with normal water after 10 minutes.
Repeat this activity 3 to 4 times a day.
Nettles – Home Remedy to Cure Itching and Painful Symptoms
Nettle leaves have traditionally been used as potent home remedies for hives to soothe their itching and painful symptoms.
One can make an herbal nettle solution to benefit from its natural antihistamines.
- Add a teaspoon of dried nettle herb to a cup of water.
- Put this mixture on the stove and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Soak a towel into it and apply it on the skin affected by hives as long as you get relief.
Repeat it 3 to 4 times a day.
Ginger – Home Remedy to Treat Hive and Skin Infections
Ginger possesses outstanding antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties and is a mind-blowing home remedy for hives. It has incredible abilities to soothe itching and swelling on the skin.
Just grate a small piece of ginger and apply this directly on the inflamed skin, and massage gently.
Alternatively, you can drink herbal ginger tea 3 to 4 times daily to get notable relief from hives.
So quickly follow these time-tested and extremely efficacious home remedies for hives and get instant relief from skin irritation and inflammation.
You May Like…
Join the wellness movement – pin these hives remedies and help others!
You may like reading: