DIY Home Remedies for Skin Rashes
Skin rashes are reddish blisters or bumps on the skin often characterized by some sort of dryness, irritation, and itching.
These rashes may even cause a slight change in the skin’s texture and appearance. Sometimes, the reaction from chemicals, soaps, cosmetics, and shampoos that did not suit our skin may lead to inflammation and rashes.
While at other times, diseases like eczema, allergies, psoriasis, flea or insect bites, excessive sweating, acne, mites, and fungal or bacterial infections contribute to the development of rashes.
Severe rashes may need special treatment or medication. But mild rashes can be effectively treated using simple home remedies for skin rashes without rushing towards a doctor.
Tips to Get Rid of Skin Rashes Naturally
Baking Soda – Home Remedy to Relieve Pain and Itching
Sodium Bicarbonate commonly known as baking soda helps in relieving the pain and itching caused by rashes and thus is among the most useful home remedies for skin rashes.
Baking soda dries out the rashes on its regular application on the affected areas.
- Mix 3 teaspoons of water in 1 teaspoon of baking soda together and apply it on your rashes.
- Let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes and then wash it away with lukewarm water.
Repeat this activity, once or twice daily for a couple of weeks.
Olive Oil – Natural Remedy to Cure Skin Problems
Extra virgin olive oil has excellent moisturizing properties and is rich in vitamin E and anti-oxidants.
Olive oil has a healing and soothing effect that will relieve itching and inflammation and is one of the most wonderful natural remedies for skin rashes.
- Apply a few drops of olive oil on the affected areas and rub gently.
- Do this few times a day for around 2 weeks until the rash disappears.
You can also add few drops of honey to the virgin olive oil so that it heals the rashes quickly.
Aloe Vera – Natural Remedy to Reduce Itching and Rashes
Aloe vera has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, emollient and anti-inflammatory properties and is used for treating many skin problems apart from being potent home remedies for skin rashes.
It heals rashes and also reduces itching and reddishness caused by them.
- Apply freshly extracted aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaves and apply on the rashes.
- Keep it for 20 minutes and finally, wash it with tepid water.
Do this thrice a day until the rash goes away.
You May Like…
Vitamin E and Cod Liver Oil – Home Remedies to Improve Skin Health
A combination of vitamin E oil and cod liver oil is one of the very effectual home remedies for skin rashes in taming the problem. Squeeze a vitamin E capsule and extract its oil. Add an equal amount of cod liver oil to it and apply on the rashes. Do it at least three times a day to get total relief.
For more on skincare, check out:
Oatmeal – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Rashes
Oatmeal is one among the most effective home remedies for skin rashes occurring due to eczema, allergies, poison ivy, and sunburn.
It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin irritation and itching.
- Grind some oatmeal using a blender and add a cup full of this ground oatmeal into a warm water bath.
- Bathe in this water bath for 15 minutes and do this every day until the rash goes off.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedy to Treat Skin Rashes
Raw apple cider vinegar treats skin rashes and calms the itching. It is high in acetic acid that combats the infections and thus providing relief.
- Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and apply on the skin rash.
- Leave this for 5 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
Try this twice a day regularly to get wonderful results.
Indian Lilac (Neem) – Natural Remedy to Cure Skin Infections
Neem is popular for its antiseptic, analgesic, anti-bacterial, anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. So, no wonder if it finds its place as home remedies for skin rashes.
It also contains essential antioxidants that help in skin exfoliation.
- Take 10 to 12 Neem leaves and put them in a container full of 1-liter water and heat it in a stove.
- Boil the water for 10 minutes and then take it off the flame.
- Strain the Neem leaves and soak a clean cotton cloth into it.
- Apply this cloth over the affected areas for 10 minutes.
Repeat this daily, at least twice a day. Use Neem soap and lotion too on your rashes.
Coriander – Home Remedy to Prevent Symptoms of Infections
Coriander contains soothing, calming, anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties and hence, finds its place among the top home remedies for skin rashes.
- Grind a few leaves of coriander to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your rashes for around half an hour.
- Wash off with tepid water and repeat 2 to 3 times a day.
One can also drink the juice of fresh coriander leaves to appreciable betterment.
Holy Basil (Tulsi) – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Skin Rashes
Last but not least, we present you with holy basil is known as Tulsi. Holy basil is a famous ayurvedic herb which has wonderful medicinal and antiseptic properties to treat various diseases and ailments.
- Grind together some freshly picked holy basil leaves and 2 cloves of garlic using pestle and mortar.
- Add a pinch of pepper and salt to this paste and apply over rashes to get immediate respite.
- Try this thrice a day for over a couple of weeks.
In addition to these home remedies for skin rashes, avoid exposure to sunlight and dust particles.
Make sure that you clean the affected area regularly with tepid water (avoiding the use of soap) and never scratch it violently.
You May Like…
You may like reading: