DIY Home Remedies for Skin Irritation
Skin irritation and itching occur as a part of the body’s defense mechanism against contact with some irritant.
A few of these irritants are bug bites, dandruff, dry skin, harmful chemicals, etc. This situation is very disturbing and one feels helpless about it.
We constantly feel this incessant urge to scratch it violently even if we are told not to do so. But instead of doing nothing useful and simply scratching won’t be of any help.
One should definitely try out these outstanding home remedies for skin irritation and redness to get instant relief.
Tips to Get Rid of Skin Irritation Naturally
Aloe Vera – Natural Remedy to Curb Skin Irritations
This is not the first time we have ushered praises on aloe vera and its amazing capabilities.
Aloe vera is the most versatile among the home remedies for skin irritation as it moisturizes our skin without making it greasy, heals sunburns, soothes skin irritation and provides instant relief from itching.
- Break a leaf from aloe vera plant and peel it open lengthwise with a knife and scoop out the jelly-like substance called aloe vera gel.
- If you have any extra gel leftover, you can easily store it in your refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Apply this gel directly over your irritated skin, and rub gently.
- Leave it as it is for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with tepid water and do this daily to get total relief.
You May Like…
Apple Cider vinegar – Home Remedy to Cure Skin Problems
Apple cider vinegar has antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties that soothe itching, especially on dry skin due to dandruff or sunburn. Hence, it is one of the most effectual home remedies for skin irritation.
- Use raw and organic apple cider vinegar and put a few drops of it into a cotton ball.
- Apply this cotton ball all over your affected areas and rinse off after 20 minutes.
If there is a general sensation of itching in the body, add a few drops of vinegar in your bathtub and take a bath.
Oatmeal – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Skin Irritation
One can add 5 to 6 tablespoons of oatmeal into their bath and bathe with it daily. Also one can make an oatmeal paste to apply on the affected areas.
- Take 3 to 4 tablespoons of uncooked oatmeal and add water to it to form a thick consistent paste.
- Apply it on the itchy areas and repeat it twice a day till you get all-round relief.
Banana Peel – Home Remedy to Improve Skin Health
Banana peel is counted as one of the few very helpful home remedies for skin irritation.
- Rub a peel of banana over the affected area and also put a bandage to keep it intact.
- Let it rest for half an hour then wash off with normal water.
- Do this daily to get immediate respite from skin irritation.
Peppermint – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Redness and Skin Infection
Peppermint leaves provide a cooling and refreshing sensation when applied to itchy and irritated skin.
- Take 10 to 12 freshly picked leaves of peppermint and crush them using pestle and mortar.
- Apply this mixture directly to the skin and rub crushed ice cubes over it.
It will give a double-cooling effect and will numb the itching sensation quickly.
So, this is also among the essential home remedies for skin irritation used to lower down skin inflammation.
Clay – Home Remedy to Cure Skin Irritation
Use virgin green clay as effectual home remedies for skin irritation and see its remarkable results with a couple of days.
- Add water to the green clay powder and get a thick consistent paste.
- Apply this green clay pack on the required areas and keep it for an hour or hour and a half until it dries off completely.
- Wash with cold water and do it twice a day.
One can also add ice-cold water into the green clay powder to get multiple cooling effects.
You may like reading:
Holy Basil – Home Remedy to Relieve Skin Infections
The insatiable urge to scratch is quickly relieved by just rubbing off ground basil leaves to it.
Holy basil is rich in anti-itching compounds such as thymol and camphor. It is very easy to use home remedies for skin irritation.
Crush a few basils leaves in a grinder and apply them on the irritated skin. Was after 30 minutes and experience a soothing effect.
Baking soda – Home Remedy for Healthy Skin
- Add 3 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of water to it, thus making a paste.
- Rub this paste on the affected area and rinse after 20 minutes.
One can also take bath by adding a few tablespoons of it in a lukewarm water bathtub and see amazing results, being highly recommended home remedies for skin irritation.
Coconut Oil – Home Remedy to Cure Skin Allergies
Coconut oil works wonders in curing skin irritation caused by dry skin or insect bite.
Take a few drops of coconut oil and gently rub over the affected area.
In winters, one can also add a few drops of coconut water into the bathtub or bucket and bathe with it. It will moisturize the skin and nullify itching.
So, next time when you’re developing an itch or skin irritation, try not to scratch it over but try these wonderful home remedies for skin irritation and you will notice that the irritating sensation on the skin will subside away quickly.
You May Like…
You may like reading: