Home Remedies for Dry Cracked Hands
Winter is undoubtedly one among the merriest, festive and jubilant seasons of the year. But, the cold and harsh winds deprive our skin from its natural moisture.
They render the sensitive skin all dried out and chapped. When not treated, this dry skin causes several cracks and cuts on our sensitive hands.
Also due to washing clothes or utensils from hands using harsh soaps and detergents regularly, numerous cracks can appear on our palms. Some of the diseases like cold and flu also lead to this problem.
These dry cracked hands should not only be mitigated because of aesthetic reasons but also from the health point of view.
Cracks and fissures on skin invite all sort of skin infections and dirt to enter our system and may even lead to paining and bleeding.
Hence, we are mentioning some really effective home remedies for dry cracked hands that will help to tackle this problem in an easy to use, readily available, cost-effective, herbal and reliable manner.
Natural Ways to Heal Dry Cracked Hands
Home Remedy for Dry Cracked Hands
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Cornmeal paste also serves as effectual home remedies for dry cracked hands.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cornmeal and add 1 tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and water to it.
- Mix them properly to get a fine paste.
- Apply this paste over your hands and rub for 10 minutes.
- Wash your hands with warm water.
- After that, apply a moisturizer on your hands.
This method acts as a preventive measure against drying of hands and can be applied twice a week.
Home Remedy for Soft and Smooth Hands
- Cocoa Butter
- Shea Butter
Make a Cocoa butter and Shea butter natural cream to tackle the problem of dry cracked hands.
- Mix half a cup of melted shea butter and a half cup of cocoa butter and obtain a smooth paste.
- Let it cool down and apply wherever you feel your skin is dry or cracked.
It is one of the universally acknowledged and best remedies for dry cracked hands and can be tried 2 to 3 times a day.
Honey – Home Remedy to Treat Skin Problems
- Lemon Juice
A hand scrub made from honey, sugar, and lemon is among the highly effective home remedies for dry cracked hands.
- Take 1 cup of white sugar, 2 tablespoons of honey and 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Stir the contents well so that sugar gets dissolved in them.
- Rub your hands by applying this scrub for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let the goodness of the herbal scrub heal your hands and then wash off with cold water.
Try is out daily to combat dry hands.
You may like reading:
Home Remedies for Cracked Feet and Sore Heels
Petroleum Jelly – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Cracked Hand
Petroleum jelly also finds its place among potent home remedies for dry cracked hands.
Regular massage with petroleum jelly works wonders in treating this commonly occurring skin problem.
- Take generous amounts of jelly and then apply it over the affected skin.
- Massage for 3 to 5 minutes and then leave it as it is.
This will heal and repair the cracked skin on regular usage every day.
Aloe Vera Gel – Natural Remedy to Repair Cracked Skin
Aloe vera gel will soothe the pain caused by cracked hands and bleeding and is one of the most outstanding home remedies for dry cracked hands.
It will repair and moisturize our hands and produce a cooling effect. Just extract fresh aloe vera gel by peeling off aloe vera leaves and apply it all over your dry and chipped hands.
Gently massage for 5 minutes and do this daily.
You May Like…
Olive Oil – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Cracks
Olive oil massage proves to be amazing home remedies for dry cracked hands. It helps in deep moisturization of dry skin and helps us get rid of cracks.
Apply liberal amounts of olive oil to your hands and then massage for 5 minutes. Repeat this on a day to day basis.
Jojoba Oil – Home Remedy to Improve Skin Health
Jojoba oil is made out of an American shrub Jojoba and mimics the oils naturally present in our skin.
Daily massaging your hands using this oil will act as a stupendous home remedy.
Like jojoba oil, coconut oil is also an excellent moisturizer to protect our hand’s skin from getting cracked and chipped.
Vitamin E Capsules – Home Remedy for Cracked and Chipped Hands
If you have got cracked, chipped, dried out and even bleeding hands, vitamin E capsules will come to your rescue.
- Break open 2 or 3 vitamin E capsules on your palm and then rub your hands gently.
- The nutrients will go deep down the cracked areas then repair and regenerate our skin brilliantly.
This measure could be tried out twice or thrice in a week.
So, do not worry if you have got chipped and cracked hands anymore.
These aforementioned home remedies for dry cracked hands will act as a boon for treating this problem naturally.
You May Like…
You may like reading:
Home Remedies to Rejuvenate your Dry Skin
Natural Moisturizer for Winter Skin Care
If you liked this post, please give it a like!