Natural Home Remedies to Tame Oily Skin
Having an oily skin type in a way is both a blessing and a bane. Having some amount of oil makes us look young and wrinkle-free but an excessive amount of oil stuck to our face and makes us look… well, not so adorable!
When we have oily skin, it means that our oil or sebaceous glands are producing excess amounts of oil.
In the early morning, after taking bath as we head out to our work, within two to three hours oil gets developed on our face.
Especially in the monsoon scenario, the presence of humidity aggravates the situation furthermore. All kinds of dirt and dust stick to oily skin which buds acne and pimples.
Home remedies act as a knight in the shining armor and come to our rescue from a lot many ailments and taming oily skin is no exception to it.
So, it is mandatory for us to pay heed to this problem and try some oil-control home remedies.
Forget all your worries, as here we are explaining few home remedies to tame oily skin that that is specifically devised to cure oiliness of homemade face packs, face masks, toners, and scrubs.
Homemade Face Packs for Oily Skin
Yogurt and Orange Peel Face Pack for Oily Skin
Orange is a rich source of vitamin C. Orange peel, orange juice, orange extracts, and orange pulp contain a high level of essential nutrients required by our skin.
Orange contains strong anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help in dealing with an oily skin problem. Orange, when applied with yogurt, serves as remarkable home remedies to tame oily skin.
Yogurt contains bags of vitamin-B12 and calcium can do wonders to your skin.
- Take dry orange peel and grind it to form a powder.
- Add 1 tablespoon of yogurt to the orange powder and mix them in equal proportions.
- Apply this face pack to your skin and neck and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water and enjoy a skin free from dead cells, oil, and blemishes.
Milk and Lavender Oil Toner for Supple and Glowing Skin
Milk contains alpha hydroxyl acid which helps in the exfoliation of the skin and makes our skin supple and glowing. It also helps in balancing the pH level of the skin.
Lavender oil also has some excellent aromatherapy, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Add 2 to 3 drops of lavender oil to 1 tablespoon of milk. Apply this toner as one of the effective home remedies to tame oily skin at night with the help of cotton to your facial and neck region.
This toner not only helps us get rid of oil but also lightens our skin color and act as a cleansing agent.
Massage gently in a circular motion and go to sleep. At the morning wash your face with water. Repeat this activity daily to avail the benefits for a long time.
You may like reading:
Apple and Oatmeal Scrub to Get Rid of Oily Skin
We all are very familiar with the proverb “an apple a day”. Surely, there are hundreds of health benefits of eating an apple. Apple is a boon for skin problems too.
It has malic acid in profusion which absorbs extra oil from our skin and removes dead cells.
It has astringent and antiseptic properties too. So now we are introducing apple and oatmeal scrub as home remedies to tame oily skin.
- Take half an apple and cut it into small pieces.
- Add one tablespoon of cornmeal and oatmeal each.
- Grind them all together and add 1 teaspoon of honey to obtain a smooth paste.
- Now, apply this scrub mildly on your face but avoid giving hard massages.
- Wash with cold water afterward.
You May Like…
Lemon, Tomato, and Honey Face Pack for Healthy Skin
Lemons having plenty amount of vitamin C reduces tanning, improves skin texture and helps us attain a radiant skin. It also helps in cutting off the oil and grease from our face.
Tomatoes have a high content of vitamin K, vitamin B, iron and magnesium and regulate the secretion of sebum and shrink the open pores.
- Add one teaspoon of honey and two tablespoons of lemon juice into 1 mashed tomato.
- Apply this pack to neck and face and keep intact for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water later on to get an instant glow and supple skin.
One of the most striking features of these home remedies to tame oily skin is that they are readily available and don’t cause any harm to our skin.
Cucumber and Lemon Face Pack to Improve Skin Health
Cucumber has marvelous benefits when it comes to your skin. It helps in skin lightening and also protects our skin from tanning and sunburns.
- Grate small slices of cucumber and add about a teaspoon of lime juice and turmeric to it.
- Grind these well to form a smooth paste and apply it on your face, neck and also under your eyes.
- Let it partially dry and wash off after 20 to 30 minutes.
Make sure that you don’t have anything on your face before applying these packs to get better results.
Using this face pack as home remedies to tame oily skin thrice a week will provide a great improvement to your oily skin.
Egg White and Honey Mask to Reduce Greasiness and Excess Oil
Egg white and honey face mask also come under the category of effective home remedies to tame oily skin.
Vitamin A content of egg white is large that reduces greasiness, soaks out excess oil and tightens up skin. It also lightens up marks and aids toning of the skin.
- Crack an egg and separate its yolk and white part.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to it with a small amount of flour.
- Mix it well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this mask on your face and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with normal water and get oil-free skin.
So what are you waiting for?
Get up and try on one of these natural home remedies to tame oily skin and get impressive results.
You May Like…
You may like reading:
If you liked this post, please give it a like!