Home Remedies for Hair Growth
We are often enamored by the dramatic scenes of actresses tumbling shiny tresses of hair on their faces and candidly playing with them.
Beautiful wavy hair is part and parcel of people’s looks and people spend hours on setting and styling them.
Having long and silky hair is a cherished desire of every woman. But, there are no shortcuts for hair growth and our hair grow at a rate of half an inch every month.
The problem of hair fall induces patches of baldness, reduction in hair volume and thinning of hair which is a distressing and demoralizing situation both for men and women alike.
Though various factors such as overall well-being, general health, and genetic factors also affect the rate of hair growth and its quality, we can accelerate the process by proper hair care, healthy diet and using various herbs and home remedies for hair growth.
Natural remedies for hair growth not only deliver great results but are also easily available at our homes and thus are very reasonable in price.
Its effectiveness in the natural growth of hair combined with its reasonable cost is just like a cherry on the top of a cake.
Now, let us throw some light on tips, tricks, hacks and home remedies for hair growth.
Tips to Get Thick and Long Hair Naturally
Apple Cider Vinegar – Natural Remedy for Hair Growth
Apple Cider Vinegar helps in triggering natural hair growth by gently cleansing our scalp and balancing its pH levels.
Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and during its final rinse, wash your hair with a diluted solution of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Dilution is done by mixing water and ACV in the ratio of 3:4. Do not wash this ACV you had applied on your hair and dry them using a towel.
ACV will bring outshining luster on your hair and will aid in hair growth.
Egg White – Home Remedy to Maintain High Quality of Hair
Egg contains rich amounts of proteins that stimulate the formation of new hair. Other vital nutrients such as zinc, sulphur, iron, phosphorus, and iodine are present in the egg that maintain a high quality of hair.
This makes it one of the much-touted home remedies for hair growth.
- Take an egg and separate its egg white.
- Put this egg white in a bowl and add a teaspoon of honey and 4 to 5 few drops of olive oil.
- Beat this mixture to form a fine egg paste and apply it on your hair as an egg mask.
- Keep it for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash your hair off with a mild shampoo.
Coconut Oil – Home Remedy to Prevent Hair Loss
Coconut oil massage at least twice every week stimulates natural hair growth, repairs damaged hair and nourishes the scalp, which is why known to be one of the significant natural remedies for hair growth.
One must massage gently with fingertips with the help of warm coconut oil. Massage over your scalp with circular motions and work it out to the ends of your hair for 10 minutes.
It is preferable to leave it overnight or at least for half an hour before shampooing your hair.
One can also wrap warm water dipped towel around the hair to let it reach deep down the pores of our head.
For more on hair care, check out:
Fenugreek Seeds – Home Remedy for Healthy Hair Growth
Fenugreek seeds are excellent home remedies for hair growth that serve two purposes.
Firstly, they encourage the healthy growth of hair and secondly, they help in retaining the natural hair color thereby preventing graying of hair.
- Blend nicely washed fenugreek seeds with the help of water to get a smooth consistent paste.
- Add a teaspoon of coconut milk to it and apply all over your head and hairs.
- Leave it for 30 minutes until it dries off and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Lemon Juice and Olive Oil – Home Remedy to Make Hair Smooth and Shiny
Lemon juice and olive oil when combined together work wonderfully in increasing the length of hair.
- Mix lime juice and olive oil in the ratio of 1:2 and massage your hair using it.
- Keep it for 30 to 45 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo.
- Repeat this at least twice a week.
As lemon is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, citric acid, vitamin B6, antioxidants, and folic acid, no wonder it is one of the best home remedies for hair growth.
Onion Juice – Home Remedy to Promote Re-Growth of Hair
Onion juice is the oldest and time tested remedies for hair growth. It is an abundant source of sulphur that boosts collagen production and eventually promotes re-growth of hair.
- Chop fine pieces on 3 to 4 onions according to your hair’s length and extract onion juice out of it.
- Apply this juice on your scalp and gently massage using your fingertips.
- Let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes and finally shampoo your hair.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – Home Remedy to Improve Hair Health
Indian Gooseberry or Amla is a powerhouse of vitamin-C and antioxidants that stimulate the natural growth of hair and improves pigmentation.
Eating fresh Indian gooseberry is very beneficial for the overall quality and health of hair.
- Mix two teaspoons each of Amla powder and lemon juice and stir them well to get a paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it till it dries off.
- Now rinse this paste with warm water and repeat it twice a week.
Try one or more of these home remedies for hair growth and get long and luscious locks of hair!
You May Like…
You may like reading: