Home Remedies for Hair Care
Lustrous, silky and beautiful hair is a dream of every woman. If we compare the number of people today and in older times, the people back in the old ages suffered from fewer or no hair problems as we suffer now.
These days, hair problems such as dandruff, hair fall, dry hair, damaged hair, premature graying, etc. are quite common.
The major reasons for such conditions are stark changes in eating habits, high amount of pollution and hectic life schedules.
People do not take proper care of their hair and prefer eating junk food rather than healthy fruits and other nutritious vegetables.
Nowadays, it has become a common trend among masses to visit high-priced hair salons, using harsh hair care products rich in chemicals and undertaking various hair treatments such as hair rebounding, straightening and curling to add beauty to hair.
Whenever we say that our hair can look beautiful and lustrous even without opting for these expensive hair treatments, people usually don’t believe us.
The treatments straight out of our kitchen and gardens are a hundred times safer and more effective than other parlor-based hair treatments.
One will wonder how eggs, vinegar, avocado, yogurt, honey, etc. that comprise of staple foods and used for making tasty dishes are so effective in providing outstanding results for hair care.
One must include home remedies for hair care in their daily routine and see wonderful results for themselves. They act as both preventive and curative measures for various hair conditions and provide long-lasting effects.
Home remedies for hair care are not only effective but are also easy to apply and cheap in cost.
Best Natural Hair Care Tips and Remedies
Eggs – Home Remedy to Treat Hair Problems
Eggs are excellent home remedies for hair care as they are rich in proteins, fats, oil-cutting, and bacteria-eating enzymes.
For normal hair, use whole egg but for oily hair, one must use only the egg white. Dry hair is effectively treated by using only the egg yolk as it provides moisturization to the frizzy hair.
- Use a sufficient amount of the egg and beat it to form a paste.
- Coat your hair by using generous amounts of this paste and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with cold water and mild shampoo.
Do this once in a week.
Yogurt – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Dry Hair
Curd, sour cream and yogurt are one of the potent home remedies for hair care and help in treating dullness of hair. They condition our hair and bring out the natural luster and shine to our hair.
- Dampen your hair and massage yogurt on your scalp.
- Keep this for 20 to 25 minutes and wash your hair with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
This natural remedy should be tried once in a week to strip off your hair from dirt and bring out natural sheen to them.
Honey – Home Remedy to Cure Dry and Damaged Hair
Honey is a natural humectant, i.e. it locks in the moisture of our hair. It is one of the potent home remedies for hair care for treating sun and hard water damaged dry and frizzy hair.
- Take half a cup of honey and add 2 to 3 teaspoons of olive oil to it so that to make it less viscous.
- Apply thick layers of this mixture on your hair and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and apply this hair pack once in a month.
This will help restore the keratin protein bonds attacked by harmful UV radiations.
Fenugreek Seeds – Home Remedy to Improve Hair Health
Fenugreek or Methi is among the wonderful home remedies for hair care and treats a variety of hair problems such as itchy scalp and hair loss.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight and blend them to make a fine paste in the morning.
- Apply layers of this mixture to your hair and keep it for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and normal water.
Apply this remedy once in a week.
For more on hair care, check out:
Natural Remedies for Black Hair Care
Home Remedies to Straighten Hair
Beer – Natural Remedy for Healthy and Shiny Hair
Beer is also a beauty beverage that works as a remarkable home remedy for hair care. Beer provides natural shine and glitter to our hair.
One can put flat beer into a spray bottle and lightly spray it over your hair before going out to a party or celebration.
Alternatively, a little amount preferably a cup of beer can be mixed with water can be used to wash our hair to add luster to our hair.
Home Remedy to Make Hair Smooth and Shining
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
Avocado makes our hair smooth and shining.
- Make an avocado hair pack by taking 1 regular-sized avocado, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mash the avocado and put in a bowl. Add lemon juice and olive oil to it and mix them to get a fine paste.
- Apply it gently all over your hair and keep it for 20 minutes. Now wash your hair with a mild shampoo and do this twice a month.
Apple Cider vinegar – Home Remedy to Reduce Hair Problems
Apple Cider vinegar provides multitudes of benefits to our hair and acts as a natural hair conditioner. It balances the pH level, treats hair fall, cures itchy scalp and combats frizzy hair and tangles.
ACV rinse is one of the very popular home remedies for hair care and can be made by combining equal parts of water and ACV.
Rinse your hair with this solution after shampooing and leave it for a couple of minutes.
Now, again rinse your hair finally with cold water to provide proper conditioning to the hair. Repeat this once in a week.
So, one must definitely pamper and nourish their hair on a regular basis using these home remedies for hair care and build a shield against all the possible hair problems.
These methods, when followed diligently, will help you maintain the high-quality hair for a long time.
For more on hair care, check out:
Home Remedies for Black Hair Care
Natural Ways to Increase Hair Volume and Growth