Home Remedies for Oily Hair
Nowadays it is a common complaint especially among women that their hair has become too greasy and sticky just after 1 or 2 days of shampooing.
Due to additional oiliness, girls have bad hair days and are not able to come up with good hairstyles to look presentable on social occasions.
Although some oil in hair is necessary for keeping dryness away, an excess of it is also not quite manageable. This extra oil is produced due to overactive oil glands of our scalp secreting excessive sebum.
Oily hair looks unwashed and attracts dust and dirt particles from the surroundings that stick on them and give a dirty appearance.
Such hair gives room to itchiness, dandruff and other types of fungal infections to crop up.
The potential causes of oily hair are consuming lots of oily food, poor hair care, heredity, too much mental stress, and hormonal changes.
It is necessary to put a leash on this greasiness and use some time-tested measures to resolve the issue so as to look attractive and keep hair problems at bay.
Taking aid of home remedies for oily hair on a regular basis gives fruitful outcomes and provides all-round results which are free of side-effects or any harm.
Natural Ways to Deal with Sticky or Greasy Hair
Lemon Juice – Home Remedy for Oily Hair
Lemon juice is abundant in vital nutrients that alleviate excess oil levels of hair and hence is counted as topmost home remedies for oily hair.
The high acidity of lemons also helps in balancing out the pH levels in our scalp.
- Squeeze out lemon juice from 2 lemons and then mix it in 2 cups of water.
- Apply this lemon juice mixture on your hair and especially all over the scalp to control excess oil secretion.
- Leave it as it is for 10 minutes and then wash it off with normal water.
Repeat this as homemade remedies for oily hair 2 to 3 times a week to get noteworthy results.
Aloe Vera – Home Remedy to Remove Itchy Scalp
The gel of aloe vera plant has been used since ages to balance the oil levels in our hair and as efficient home remedies for oily hair so as to keep them free from excess greasiness.
Moreover, the minerals present in aloe vera gel are good for removing scalp impurities and providing nourishment to the hair roots.
- Add a teaspoon of fresh aloe vera gel and one tablespoon in a cupful of mild shampoo.
- Wash your hair with a normal amount of this herbal shampoo.
This will certainly keep the oiliness away for 3 to 4 days. You can even store it for a week in the refrigerator.
You May Like…
Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedy to Improve Hair Health
Using apple cider vinegar is also counted as time-tested home remedies for oily hair.
The high acetic acid content of apple cider vinegar helps to prevent oil build-up, maintains pH levels of the scalp and keeps away all sorts of infections.
It also acts as a wonderful nourishing agent to our hair and makes them silky and wavy.
- Make 1:1 ratio mixture by adding 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons of freshwater.
- After taking hair wash, rinse your hair with this natural conditioner and oil balancer.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, rinse off your hair with cold water.
Repeat this as herbal remedies for oily hair twice in a week.
You may like reading:
Beer – Home Remedy for Healthy Hair
Beer has natural drying effects on our oily hair and help in reducing oiliness as much as required. But make sure the content of beer must be diluted as much as possible.
- Mix a half cup of beer with 2 cups of water and use it as a hair rinse after shampooing your hair.
- Wait for 5 minutes and then give a final rinse to your hair with cold water.
Do this activity once in a week and it will serve as one of the supreme best amazing home remedies for oily hair.
Eggs – Home Remedy to Reduce Excessive Oil from Hair
Eggs are natural hair conditioning agents which also help a great deal in reducing excessive oil from our hair.
Egg whites contain huge amounts of proteins which are great for hair while egg yolks curb greasiness.
- Separate egg yolks from 2 eggs and beat them well.
- Add two teaspoons of lemon juice in it and mix the contents properly.
- Dampen your hair and apply this mixture generously all over.
- Leave this mask on for around 10 minutes and then wash it off using a mild herbal shampoo.
One can repeat applying egg masks as mind-blowing home remedies for oily hair it 2 to 3 times a week.
Henna, Olive Oil and Honey – Home Remedies for Oily Hair
An herbal hair pack made out of henna, olive oil, and honey does wonders in mitigating the oiliness of our hair and thus acts as highly effective home remedies for oily hair.
- Take a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of henna powder, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix all the contents well to obtain a smooth consistent paste.
- Apply this herbal hair pack all over your hair and keep it for an hour.
- Wash your hair with the help of a mild shampoo.
Do this as natural remedies for oily hair twice a month.
Black Tea – Home Remedy to Maintain Hair Health
Black tea is rich in astringent known as tannic acid which has a marvelous quality of tightening the pores and preventing excess oil build-up.
Hence, we can list black tea as extremely outstanding natural remedies for oily hair.
- Put 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves in a cup of water and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Strain the used tea leaves and then cool this black tea until it reaches normal temperature.
- Pour this tea on your hair and massage gently on your pores with the help of your fingertips.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse off with water.
Repeat this twice or thrice a week to get wonderful relief from oily hair.
Just follow one or two of these remarkable home remedies for oily hair and say goodbye to the frustrating greasiness once for all!
You May Like…
You may like reading: