Dandruff is a chronic hair condition in which the skin of our scalp sheds down in form of white flakes. While dandruff does not cause any harm to us from the clinical point of view, these oily, easy-to-spot, white and dead skin stuck to your hair and on your shoulders look quite aesthetically unpleasant. The good news is that we can treat this problem of dandruff using certain simple measures. While mild cases of dandruff only need some extra care and cleanliness of hair by proper shampooing with a mild shampoo, more stubborn cases will require undertaking some special anti-dandruff treatment and measures. The major causes for dandruff are enlisted below –
- Dry and irritated skin
- Not shampooing enough
- Poor brushing of hair
- Oily and dirty scalp
- Effect of malassezia fungus
- Using harsh hair-care products
- Skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, etc.
- Deficiency of zinc, vitamin-B, certain fats, etc.
It is now a widely known fact that anti-dandruff shampoos trigger more dandruff after we stop using them and are harmful to our hair and scalp. These shampoos, lotions and conditioners are loaded with harsh chemicals that detrimental to our hair and must not be in our options at all. Instead, we should try some quick and easy homemade remedies to remove dandruff that are absolutely natural and cause no harm to us. We present you with some outstanding home remedies for dandruff that will be very beneficial in combating this embarrassing problem.
Home Remedies for Dandruff
- Lemon and Coconut oil: The citrus content of lemon keeps fungal infections like malassezia, yeast, etc. at bay due to its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Coconut oil rejuvenates and nourishes our hair and together they serve as remarkable home remedies for dandruff. Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil according to the length of your hair and add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to it. Gently massage on your scalp using fingertips and by making sections of hair so that the goodness of oil is infused deeply to the head. Leave this mix for half an hour and wash your head with a mild shampoo and normal water. One must try this natural method of keeping dandruff away every alternate day and get rid of dandruff and dry scalp.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds or ‘Methi Dana’ is highly effective in soothing itching and irritation occurring in our head due to dandruff. It is one of the best home remedies for dandruff as it is packed with loads of antifungal qualities that fight fungal and bacterial scalp infections. Just soak handful of fenugreek seeds overnight in water and make a fine paste by blending it with additional water in the morning. Apply thick layers of this paste on your scalp and leave it for 1 hour. Wash your head with normal water and shampoo. Repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times a week to get best results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is also potent home remedies for dandruff and itching as it also contains antifungal properties. Make a 1:1 solution by mixing equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar that is sufficient for rinsing your hair. Wash your hair with shampoo and then rinse your hair with the help of this solution. Gently massage your scalp and keep it for 10 minutes. Finally, wash your hair with normal water. Try this herbal measure every time after you shampoo your hair.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda has been used since ancient times and is one of the age old home remedies for dandruff. Dampen your hair with water and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of baking soda evenly on your scalp. Massage the affected region thoroughly with baking soda powder and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Wash it off with plain lukewarm water or mild shampoo. Try this 2 to 3 times a week to get best results.
- Fuller’s Earth: Fuller’s earth or ‘Multani Mitti’ can also be used for making anti-dandruff hair pack for combating the problem of itching, dry scalp and dandruff and hence finds its place among all-round and fantastic home remedies for dandruff. Fuller’s earth is also very popular natural treatment for oily skin and works wonders in removing extra oil from our scalp. It also helps in soothing and cooling our scalp from itching and inflammation. Make a hair pack by taking 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth and add some amount of water and few drops of lemon juice so as to obtain a smooth and consistent paste. Apply generous layers of this herbal pack on your scalp and keep it for 25-30 minutes. Wash your hair with normal water and mild herbal shampoo.
- Neem or Margosa leaves: Margosa or ‘Neem’ leaves are comprised of antiseptic properties that will help getting rid of dandruff naturally. Treating dandruff using Neem has been used since thousands of centuries due to its sheer effectiveness and so known to be one of the outstanding home remedies for dandruff. Take around 15 to 20 Neem leaves and grind them to form a smooth paste. Apply this paste thoroughly on your scalp and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Take a container and warm sufficient amounts of water in it. Add 10-12 Neem leaves into it and let it boil. Strain the water and remove all the Margosa leaves. Use this water to wash your hair. Try this pure natural treatment 1 or 2 times a week to get healthy and dandruff-free hair.
- Curd: Sour curd or yogurt helps in keeping dandruff away due to its acidic nature and also acts as natural conditioner which makes our hair shiny, moisturized, bouncy and silky. Take sufficient amounts of sour curd and apply it on your scalp and extend it along your complete hair length reaching the ends. Leave it for 30-45 minutes and then wash off your hair with mild shampoo and try this every 3 to 4 days a week.
- Henna: Henna or ‘Mehendi’ is a natural hair conditioner and finds its place in many herbal shampoos as well. It also aids in fighting dandruff and soothing irritation and itching and acts as stupendous home remedies for dandruff. Form a paste by mixing few teaspoons of curd into 1 tablespoon of Henna. Add few drops of lemon juice to it to get additional benefits of lemons. Keep it aside for 8 to 10 hours and then apply gently on the scalp. Keep this natural hair pack for around one and a half hours and then rinse off with mild shampoo. One can try this remedy once in a week to combat the problem of dandruff.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is packed with antifungal properties which makes it among best home remedies for dandruff. Take small amount of tea tree oil and apply it on your dry scalp and wash your hair after 5 to 10 minutes. Using herbal hair products that consists of tea tree oil is also good for maintaining high quality of our hair. One can even add few drops of tea tree oil in the shampoo just before washing your hair. These home remedies for dandruff and itchy scalp using tea tree oil will show impressive results and end the problem of dandruff once for all.
Get rid of obstinate dandruff flakes using these reliable and utterly effective home remedies for dandruff and enjoy clean, beautiful and healthy tresses.
You May Like…
Acne is undoubtedly the most annoying skin problem faced by both men and women of any age group. Market is flooded with many cosmetic products for acne prevention but they harm more than proving a cure. Herbal acne skin care products are the most recommended natural remedies for getting rid of acne, pimples and dark spots.
Note: This pack contains 540 Golden Glow capsules, 6 Chandraprabha ubtan and 1 FREE Aloe Vera gel.
- $35.00 – $130.00
Glisten Plus capsules come loaded with potent herbs and nutrients which have been used since ancient times to keep blood free of toxins. These capsules are purely herbal that can be taken for effective blood detoxification and also as supplements to keep blood purified.
- $40.00 – $160.00
Hylix lotion is a natural hair oil treatment that prevents excessive hair-fall and removes dandruff naturally. It strengthens hairs and improves blood flow in the scalp which reduces number of dead cells and keeps scalp healthy and nourished.
Qty: 100ml per bottle
- $40.00 – $135.00
Golden Glow capsules are the best natural pimple treatments that contain right kind of herbs in perfect dosage to cure acne and other skin problems. These capsules not only cure pimples and prevent scars but also improve overall health, softness and glow of the skin.