Home Remedies for Gray Hair
The emergence of gray hair is one of the biggest nightmares of women as well as men as they make them look old.
Earlier, the standard age for graying was above 35 and we definitely have to accept it as we cannot reverse the sands of time.
But, nowadays gray hairs appear as soon as 20 years of age. This is known as premature graying and is a highly undesirable condition for a person.
In order to hide them from appearing, people color their hair using synthetic dyes or chemical-laden hair colors which are very detrimental for our hair’s health and quality.
People are not untouched by this situation due to umpteen factors such as lack of hair care, stress, bad lifestyle habits such as drinking, tobacco intake and smoking, use of harsh hair products, heredity reasons, nutritional deficiencies especially vitamin A and vitamin B12, iodine, copper exposure to sunlight and pollution and various diseases like hypothyroidism, anemia, etc.
Melanin is a pigment that imparts dark color to our hair and melanocytic activity cease to work after a certain age. Scientifically speaking, gray or white hair appears when there are low amounts of melanin present in our hair.
We must try home remedies for gray hair instead of damaging our hair with chemically active hair products.
These home remedies for gray hair have no side effects and are highly useful to prevent bleaching of hair.
The cherry on the top is that they are readily available in our kitchen cabinets and are extremely reasonable in cost.
Tips to Prevent Gray Hair by Home Remedies
Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Gray Hair
Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizing agent for hair and helps to accelerate hair growth.
Its mixture with lemon juice adds a splendid sheen on our hair and is one of the best home remedies for gray hair.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice in some coconut oil as suitable for your hair length.
- Massage your head in a gentle manner using this mixture and keep for an hour before shampooing.
This must be repeated once in every week.
Henna – Home Remedy to Treat Hair Problems
Henna is a natural hair color which is helpful for darkening gray hair. It does not cause any harm to our hair and strengthens our hair locks.
It is an amazing hair conditioner that serves as wonderful natural remedies for gray hair.
- Take 4 tablespoons of henna powder and add 2 tablespoons of Indian gooseberry powder, 1 tablespoon coffee powder and 3 tablespoons yogurt.
- Mix all these contents well and apply this paste in generous amounts all over the length of your hair.
- Make a bun and keep it for one and a half hour to complete the coloring process.
- Wash it off with cold water later on.
Repeat this twice a week.
Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – Home Remedy to Cure Symptoms of Gray Hair
Indian Gooseberry or Amla is a boon for a variety of hair problems such as hair fall, premature graying and frizzy hair.
It provides anti-aging benefits as it is packed with vitamin-C and antioxidants and is one of the potent home remedies for gray hair.
- Mix equal proportions of Amla juice in Almond oil and massage your hair using them for 10 minutes.
- Keep it intact for half an hour and wash it off with a mild shampoo later on.
Consuming raw Amla pieces or drinking fresh Amla juice is highly beneficial for treating all our hair problems.
One can also apply Amla oil on the hair to avail great results.
Onion Juice – Home Remedy to Cure Gray and Fizzy Hair
Onion juice is one among the most remarkable home remedies for gray hair and hair fall.
As gray hairs result from the presence of hydrogen peroxide, onion juice triggers the production of catalase that counteracts hydrogen peroxide.
- Cut small pieces of onion and grind it to squeeze out onion juice from it.
- Apply this onion juice on your scalp and gently massage.
- Leave it for half an hour and wash your hair with shampoo and lukewarm water.
One can do this thrice a week.
For more on hair care, check out:
Home Remedies for Hair Care
Home Remedies for Black Hair Care
Curry Leaves – Home Remedy to Maintain Hair Health
Curry leaves help a great deal in providing pigmentation to hair and combat premature hair graying.
- You can make an herbal curry leaves oil by adding 8 to 10 curry leaves into 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Boil this for 10 to 15 minutes until the oil becomes charred and darkened.
- Let it cool down and strain out the leaves from the oil.
- Massage over your hair for 10 minutes in circular motions.
- Keep it for an hour and follow this by washing your head with shampoo.
This home remedy can be tried out twice a week.
Black Tea – Home Remedy to Prevent Premature Gray Hair
Black Tea acts as hair darkening agent and superb home remedies for gray hair.
- Boil three teaspoons of black tea into 3 cups of water and strain this tea.
- Rinse your head with this liquid and allow it to rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water but do not shampoo them.
Do this activity two times a week.
We strongly recommend these natural home remedies for gray hair as a preventive shield from premature graying and also for treating already lightened hair.
They will never disappoint you in tackling these evident signs of aging!
You May Like…
Natural Hair Oil Treatment$40.00 – $160.00
Pure Aloe Vera Skin Moisturizing Cream$30.00 – $80.00
You may like reading:
Natural Remedies for Black Hair Care
Home Remedies to Straighten Hair