Home Remedies for Dry Hair
Our hair is constantly exposed to severe external conditions such as sunlight, pollution, arid climates, and dehydration.
Even if someone is lucky to be inborn with beautiful lustrous hair, a great deal of damage is done by factors like illness, nutritional deficiencies, use of harsh hair products, excessive hair wash, dandruff, medications, contact with chlorinated water while swimming, hair coloring or hair highlighting and frequent use of hair styling tools such as curling rods or hot hair straitening plates make them dry and frizzy.
Our hair is unable to retain moisture which leads to a drab and lacks lustrous appearance.
So, how can one expect to retain a healthy shine on hair with such terrible conditions?
The answer lies within our own kitchen and refrigerators that are full of natural, cost-effective as well as safe home remedies for dry hair.
These home remedies for dry hair treat dryness and restore moisture. They not only soothe our dry hair problems but also bring back life to our dull and damaged hair locks.
Read further to know more.
Tips to Nourish Dry Hair Naturally
Avocado – Home Remedy to Treat Dryness and Restore Moisture
Avocado adds moisture to our hair and provides nourishment to them by its essential vitamin A, vitamin E, proteins, and other minerals.
- Take 2 to 3 avocadoes and mash the inner contents.
- Add a few drops of olive oil in this mix and massage all over your head.
- Keep this hair pack for over 30 minutes and shampoo your hair after it.
Do this twice a week to get a natural shine on your brittle hair, being one of the outstanding home remedies for dry hair.
Olive Oil – Home Remedy for Healthy Hair
Olive oil seals the outermost layer of hair known as a cuticle and locks the moisture in. It is also rich in antioxidants and vitamin E that restores moisture and strengthens the hair.
Take the required amount of olive oil for your hair length and make it slightly warm in a microwave or stove.
Massage your scalp and hair shafts using this oil and wrap your hair in a warm towel for 30 minutes.
Go for a head wash using a mild shampoo. Do this once in a week to provide nourishment to your dry hair.
Coconut Oil – Home Remedy Get Rid of Dry Hair
Massage your scalp using warm coconut oil.
- Apply coconut oil on your scalp and massage all through the ends of your hair using tips of your fingers.
- Leave it overnight and wash your head the next day.
- Doing coconut massage every time before you wash your hair works wonders as home remedies for dry hair.
Mayonnaise – Home Remedy to Provide Shine and Softness
A full-fat mayonnaise serves to be among excellent home remedies for dry hair that has a lot of protein in it.
Hair being itself made of protein gets it to shine, softness and moisture back by using mayonnaise.
- Gently damp your hair and apply a layer of mayonnaise all over it.
- Massage your hair scalp and then work it out over the ends of your hair.
- Cover your head with a plastic bag for 1 hour and wash it with shampoo later on.
Repeat it on a weekly basis.
Aloe Vera – Natural Remedy to Treat Hair Dryness
A unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and beneficial amino acids makes aloe vera one of the most striking home remedies for dry hair.
- Scoop out aloe vera gel out from an aloe vera leaf and add few drops of olive oil to it.
- Gently apply this mixture on your head and cover it up using a shower cap or plastic bag.
- Let it rest overnight and shampoo the very next morning.
You will notice that your hair has become soft, wavy and smooth in texture.
Sesame Oil – Home Remedy to Deal with Damage Hair
Sesame oil is one of the most renowned home remedies for dry hair as it is rich in emollient properties.
Presence of anti-bacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial qualities also help in treating excessive hair loss.
- Massage your scalp with fingertips using sesame oil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, wrap your head using a warm towel and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Do this every time before you shampoo your hair.
You can also add some ginger juice, beetroot juice and lime juice to it which will help a great deal in treating the outermost damaged layer of your hair.
For more on hair care, check out:
Natural Remedies for Dry Hair
Home Remedies to Straighten Hair
Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedy to Improve Hair Health
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the supreme home remedies for dry hair which also conditions them effectively.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar by mixing an equal amount of water in it and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Apply this cotton ball over your scalp and gently massage for 5 to 10 minutes.
Rinse your hair afterward.
Yogurt – Home Remedy for Shiny and Soft Hair
Yogurt is a wonderful natural hair conditioner when applied as a hair mask.
- Apply sour yogurt or curd on your hair and keep it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your head later on and feel a tremendous improvement.
Fenugreek Seeds – Home Remedy to Treat Hair Problems
- Soak 50 grams of fenugreek seeds in water and keep them in water overnight.
- In the morning, grind them to make a fine paste.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt and tiny drops of olive oil to it.
- Apply this hair pack on your hair and keep it for 1 hour.
- Wash off your hair with a mild herbal shampoo and practice this twice a week.
It one of the best natural home remedies for dry hair. You will get quick results.
Beer – Natural Remedy to Keep Hair Healthy
Beer is a treasure trove of proteins that help in repairing hair cuticles and follicles and nourish them.
Add a small amount of beer in your shampoo and wash your hair with it.
Alternatively, after shampooing your hair, as usual, spray tiny amounts of beer on your hair and let it dry naturally. A glazing shine and smoothness appear on your hair after it.
Try out above mentioned tips and home remedies for dry hair and get ready to flaunt your gorgeous healthy and shiny tresses!
You May Like…
Natural Hair Oil Treatment$40.00 – $160.00
Pure Aloe Vera Skin Moisturizing Cream$30.00 – $80.00
Natural Ways to Increase Hair Volume and Growth
Home Remedies for Damaged Hair Treatment