Natural Home Remedies for Blemishes
Blemishes are scars and marks that are left on our skin after an acne breakout. They may occur in the form of darkened skin or skin discoloration such as whiteheads, pustules, blackheads, etc.
Adolescence brings about many hormonal changes and pimples and acne are inevitable at such a stage.
These pimples before dying out leave blemishes usually on face, neck, and shoulders. They are unsightly and hideous and one wants to get rid of them at anyways, anyhow and anywhere.
We often get bewitched by looking at the advertisements of various beauty care products and callously spend our hard-earned money on them without knowing the fact of how harmful they can be.
They are usually packed with chemical additives and fillers that can wreak havoc to our soft and sensitive skin.
Before blindly relying on these beauty creams and lotions, one must give a quick glance to the kitchen cabinet.
Our kitchen is full of natural measures that can take care of a wide range of skin problems brilliantly without any bad effects.
Here, we present you with some easy to use home remedies for blemishes.
Tips to Reduce Blemishes and Pigmentation at Home
Potato – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Blemishes
Potato is rich in starch content and serves as amazing home remedies for blemishes. Potato juice helps in reducing skin pigmentation. It also removes under eye dark circles.
- Take one small potato and peel it off.
- Grate it finely and extract its juice by squeezing and sieving them.
- Dip a cotton ball in it and gradually apply on the blemishes and skin marks.
- Leave it for around 20 minutes and then wash with cold water.
Do this daily for 1 month and avail outstanding result.
Lemon – Home Remedy to Remove Dark Circles
Lemon contains rich amounts of citric acid and vitamin C that help in skin exfoliation and kills acne-causing bacteria.
Hence, due to its multiple benefits, it fills the topmost place among home remedies for blemishes and pesky scars.
It helps to smooth uneven surfaces and minimizes large pores present in the skin. Directly apply lime juice on your skin blemishes and keep for 15 minutes and then wash off.
One can also add a few drops of organic honey into this lemon juice and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. These measures have to be repeated daily for a month.
Aloe Vera Gel – Home Remedy to Reduce Blemishes and Scars
A thousand of word’s praise would be insufficient to describe the efficiency of aloe vera gel in the treatment of skin problems.
This is why it is considered as one of the remarkable home remedies for blemishes.
Aloe vera gel extracted out from aloe vera leaves consists of polysaccharides that rejuvenates the skin and reduces blemishes and scars.
It is one of the best pimple and acne treatment due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Peel off the leaves of aloe vera plant and scoop out its gel.
- Apply a fine layer of this gel on your affected skin areas such as face or neck and let it rest overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning and repeat it every night before you sleep for over a month.
You May Like…
Tomato Juice – Home Remedy to Get Glowing Skin
Tomato has bags of essential antioxidants and vitamin-C in it so it helps our skin get rid of these stubborn blemishes and acne marks.
One gets a glowing skin after using tomato as one of the home remedies for blemishes and marks. It has rich lycopene content and amazing astringent properties.
For more on skincare, check out:
Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedy to Improve Skin Health
Apple Cider vinegar comes to the skin’s rescue as one of the highly remarkable home remedies for blemishes.
It helps our skin pores breathe by opening them up and balances the pH level of the skin.
Due to antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, ACV also helps in removing an excess of oil and preventing the growth of pimples.
Fuller’s Earth or Multani Mitti – Home Remedy to Treat Skin Problems
Fuller’s Earth or Multani Mitti is also counted as wonderful home remedies for blemishes and skin marks. It makes our skin look fair and balances the oil level of our skin.
- Take a tablespoon of fuller’s earth powder and add the required amount of rosewater to get a fine paste.
- Apply this pack on your face and neck region and keep it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After it has dried off totally, wash with normal water.
This pack can be applied thrice a week for over a month to lighten up the pesky blemishes.
Orange Peel – Home Remedy to Remove Blemishes
The orange peel acts as a natural bleaching agent and thus helps in removing sun-tan, scars, acne, and blemishes. It is one of the potent home remedies for blemishes and skin marks.
- Dry few orange peels and grind them to obtain a powder.
- Take around 1 tablespoon of this orange peel powder and mix the necessary amount of yogurt to it.
- Mix the ingredients well and get a smooth consistent paste.
- Apply thick layers of this paste on your face, neck, and shoulders for over 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water. This pack will also help in imparting a fresh glow to your skin.
One can apply this pack every alternate day.
You can buy orange peel powder from an online store to avoid the lengthy procedure of drying and grinding orange peels.
Banana Peel – Home Remedy to Cure Blemishes and Marks
Rubbing the banana peel over your blemishes and marks also works quite efficiently. All this is attributed to the presence of potassium, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of the banana peel.
Stupendous results would be obtained by using it as home remedies for blemishes.
- Rub the inside of a freshly taken out banana peel over the affected region for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the essential material sit on your skin for as long as possible to absorb all its amazing benefits.
- Repeat it twice a day until to get total respite from all your skin marks.
These home remedies for blemishes are far better than the expensive skin products and do not cause dangers to our skin.
So what are you waiting for?
Say goodbye to your skin blemishes and pesky scars!
You May Like…
You may like reading: