Whenever you ask any teenager that what is the most frustrating skin problem they are suffering from? Almost all of them will answer acne with a thumping majority.
Acne breakouts are something almost every adolescent is tired of dealing with having no guidance about what to do.
Teenagers get so flustered that they often tend to squeeze their pimples which is not at all recommended as it leaves behind scars and blemishes.
Young girls cover their flaws and acne by applying layers of makeup which blocks the pores and further aggravates the situation.
Let us now discuss how these acne breakouts occur. Hormonal imbalance, sleep deprivation, stress, poor eating habits, and hectic lifestyle are the main culprits behind acne.
When excessive dirt, dead skin cells, sebum or oil block our skin pores, bacteria starts growing resulting in the formation of acne vulgaris or simply acne.
Acne most commonly appears in the regions like face, hands, neck, back and scalp and can occur in people of almost all ages.
There is no sure permanent cure which will prevent the formation of acne altogether but certain natural home remedies for acne will definitely help in minimizing and alleviating this condition up to a large extent.
Instead of wasting precious bucks in buying chemical scrubs or anti-acne creams, people must glance at the pantry, kitchen, and garden and they will be surprised to know that the effective treatments were right there in front of them at their homes.
Using readily available natural ingredients one can easily mitigate acne and pimples and get that impeccable skin free from any blemishes or scars.
There are some very simple and safe homemade natural remedies for acne that provide effective and mind-blowing results in this regard.
Home Remedies for Acne
Let us discuss top 7 home remedies for acne one by one –
Ice – Home Remedy to Cure Acne
The simplest of all home remedies for acne is using ice. Yes, icing down your acne will shrink the size, reduce the lifespan, ease the pain and alleviate the redness of pimples.
Make sure that your skin is properly washed and clean before you apply ice on it.
- Wrap one or two ice cubes in a clean cotton cloth and rub that over your face and other acne-affected areas.
- Remember never to apply ice directly on your skin.
- Hold this cloth of ice up to 1 minute over your pimple and then stop doing it for 5 minutes.
- Again after 5 minutes, reapply this ice for 1 minute.
Repeat this on alternate days. This natural remedy is useful for people of all ages and all skin types.
Garlic – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Acne
Garlic has amazing mild antiseptic properties that help to deal with acne so efficiently. One can either eat it or apply garlic topically, it serves as best home remedies for acne.
But one must always remember to dilute garlic in water before applying it directly on the skin.
- Take 2 to 3 garlic cloves and extract its juice.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of water with this juice, apply it over your acne with a cotton ball for 20 minutes and then wash off.
Alternatively, dip some crushed garlic cloves into 2 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes.
Soak a fresh piece of cotton in this water and gently apply over your acne-affected areas for 20 minutes.
Follow this with rinsing off with lukewarm water. One can also ingest 1 clove of garlic per day with water to avail wonderful benefits.
You may like reading:
Baking Soda – Home Remedy to Remove Blocked Pores
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate serves as a potent natural exfoliator for our skin. It has outstanding antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial properties that deal with acne with ease.
It unplugs the blocked pores and eliminates dead skin cells. It also helps in regulating normal pH balance and has uncanny ability to soak the excess oil from the skin.
- Add some water in 1 or 2 teaspoons of baking soda so as to obtain a fine paste.
- Apply this paste over your pimples and gently massage for 2 minutes.
- Keep this paste on for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Do this activity as home remedies for acne twice a week.
Aloe Vera – Home Remedy to Treat Skin Problems
Whenever we talk about naturally treating our skin disorders, using aloe vera is inevitable.
Aloe vera gel extracted out of aloe vera leaves has powerful anti-inflammatory and soothing qualities that are important to serve as best remedies for acne.
Apply generous amounts of aloe vera gel on the pimples and surrounding regions just before you are going to sleep and keep it overnight.
It will get washed away as soon as you take a bath the next morning. Do this natural activity every night before sleeping and get stupendous results.
You May Like…
Cinnamon – Home Remedy to Deal with Pimples
Cinnamon has top-grade antibacterial properties that help a lot when it comes to dealing with pimples using home remedies for acne.
Mixing little amounts of honey to cinnamon does wonder to our acne and pimple condition. Wash your face clean with water before applying honey and cinnamon mask.
- To prepare an herbal face mask for acne, mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix them well to acquire a fine paste.
- Apply this mask all over your face and other regions for about 15 minutes.
- Wash it off later on with cold water.
Repeat this natural treatment twice a week.
Oatmeal – Home Remedy for Acne and Pimples
Oatmeal is yet another marvelous natural skin exfoliating agent that acts as fantastic home remedies for acne. It cleanses our skin pores and absorbs excess oil present on the surface of our skin.
- Take a cup full of cooked oatmeal and mix 1 teaspoon of honey and half a lemon juice into it.
- Mix the contents well and rub this paste over your acne infested skin.
- Leave it as it is for 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Repeat it once or twice a week.
Indian Lilac – Home Remedy to Prevent Formation of Acne
Last but not least, Neem or Indian lilac also serves excellently as home remedies for acne and pimple breakouts.
Its great antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities are capable of soothing redness and irritation caused by acne.
- Take 10 to 12 Neem leaves, grind them by adding a few drops of water to make a fine paste.
- Apply thin layers of this herbal paste over your acne and pimples and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash this paste off with normal water and repeat this three times a week.
Choose one or more among these best home remedies for acne and get ready to have an impeccable and flawless skin!
You May Like…
You may like reading: