Today I present you with apple pie roll-ups. You will adore this little treat. They are incredibly tasty and crispy with wonderful apple and cinnamon aroma of your regular homemade apple pie.
These bite-sized treats make great party food and since they are quickly and easily made they are also a great solution when you are in need of last-minute dessert.
You can also make them if you are just craving something sweet. What makes them even better is that they are extremely easy to make with just a few ingredients.
These apple pie roll-ups are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth for a delicious treat without going through all the trouble of making a regular apple pie.
Or, if maybe you just wanted to take a less conventional approach to the famous dessert. Even though they are great for cold weather when we crave heavy sweet foods they also make a great dessert all year round.
Regardless of it if you are making this for a birthday party or a holiday you’ll realize that these apple pie roll-ups are simply irresistible.
Preparation and Cooking Time
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
Total time: 35 minutes (approx.)
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Half cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tube of crescent roll dough.
Directions – Apple Pie Roll-Ups
- First, preheat the oven at 375°F.
- Core, peel and dice the apples.
- Heat a pan on low to medium heat. Once the temperature is right add the butter. After the butter has melted add sugar, cinnamon, and apples. Cook them for a couple of minutes until apples become slightly transparent then take them off the stove.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Try keeping the dough shape rectangle.
- Add apple filling along the edge of the dough with a spoon.
- Roll it up starting from the edge on which you have applied the filling. Try keeping it as tight as possible. Cut the roll into 8 equal pieces, about 6 to 8 inches long.
- Place rolls, evenly spaced, onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake until even baked, for about 15 minutes.
- Once your apple pie roll-ups are done you can sprinkle them with remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture or powder sugar or even caramel topping if you prefer.
- You can serve these apple pie roll-ups warm or cooled they will be equally tasty. They can be served plain or with some freshly whipped cream, frozen yogurt or a scoop of your favorite ice cream on the side. Whatever way you choose to serve them you are bound to enjoy these.
You may like reading:
Whipped Apple Pie Recipe
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe
With this recipe, you can make 8 delicious apple pies roll-ups.
- Highly nutritious containing fibers, minerals as well as B-complex and C vitamins.
- Low on fat.
You may like reading: