Whiteheads or clinically termed as comedones are bound to happen in people who are suffering from pimples and acne. They usually occur on face on parts which are prone to oiliness or greasiness like nose, chin, and cheeks.
They are a milder form of acne and usually crop up due to blockage of skin pores with bacteria, dead skin or dirt resulting in a bump known as a whitehead.
The potent reasons for triggering whiteheads are acne, oily skin, stress, poor diet, smoking habit and improper cleansing of the face.
Although whiteheads are harmless from a medical point of view, they cause our face to look unpleasant and unattractive.
Flawless and glowing skin is every woman’s dream and whiteheads surely pose a hindrance in the fulfillment of that dream.
Having comedones is no big deal and they can efficiently be mitigated using some time-tested home remedies for whiteheads.
Using these herbal measures to get rid of comedones surely carries many benefits such as cost-effectiveness, simplicity of use, efficiency, availability of ingredients and the utmost level of reliability.
These listed home remedies for whiteheads can never cause any harmful side-effects to our skin as they make use of readily available kitchen ingredients.
So what are you waiting for? Quickly take a look at these natural remedies for whiteheads and attain an impeccable skin.
Home Remedies for Whiteheads
Oatmeal – Home Remedy to Remove Dead Skin Cells
Same as a sugar scrub, oatmeal also acts as a natural exfoliating agent and serves as excellent home remedies for whiteheads.
An oatmeal scrub helps to remove dead skin cells as well as bacteria and dirt clogging the skin pores.
Moreover, it also aids in absorbing excess oil and balancing the oil levels of the skin.
- Take 4 tablespoons of oatmeal powder in a bowl and add a tablespoon each of fresh lime juice, honey, and yogurt.
- Mix the contents well to obtain a consistent paste.
- Make your face somewhat dampen and then apply it on your face.
- Gently scrub in light circular motions for around 5 to 8 minutes.
- Leave it as it is for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water and pat dry.
Repeat this activity as homemade remedies for whiteheads 1 to 2 times a week.
Sugar and Honey – Home Remedy to Remove Whiteheads
Making a natural sugar scrub is counted as utmost natural remedies for whiteheads or comedones.
Sugar is a great exfoliating agent which scrubs off all the dirt particles trapped inside the pores without causing any dryness to our skin.
- Add a tablespoon of honey to a tablespoon of sugar.
- Mix it properly and apply gently all over the face.
- Scrub in a circular motion with light hands especially over the whiteheads.
- Keep it on for a couple of minutes and then wash off with tepid water.
- Pat dry and try it as herbal remedies for whiteheads removal two times a week.
You may like reading:
Home Remedies for Whiteheads to Prevent Acne
Get Rid of Large Pores on Face, Nose, and Cheeks
Steam – Home Remedy to Treat Whiteheads on Nose
Steam is one of the best home remedies for whiteheads which help in opening up the blocked skin pores.
It mitigates oil buildup and loosens up the dirt particles and oil on the pores.
- Boil a liter of water in a bowl and carefully put it on the platform.
- Cover a towel over your head so as to hold the steam coming up.
- Keep your face just above this bowl in order to get maximum exposure to this steam coming out.
- Carry on the task for about 5 to 10 minutes. Afterward, wipe off your face with a towel.
Alternatively, you can dip a small towel to this hot steaming water and wring this towel to remove excess water out of it.
Now keep this towel on your face and lie down for 5 to 10 minutes. Dry your face with a fresh towel. Repeat this steam treatment 2 times a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedy to Prevent Formation of Whiteheads
Apple cider vinegar possesses marvelous skin benefits that no wonder it finds a place among home remedies for whiteheads.
ACV has amazing astringent qualities that can potentially shrink the size of skin pores and removes out extra oil from the skin.
Apple cider vinegar also contains powerful antiseptic as well as antibacterial properties to keep a check on any bacterial infections festering on skin.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water in a bowl and dip a cotton ball into it.
- Now apply this ball gently all over the face and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Wash your face later on with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Use this as natural remedies for whiteheads thrice a week to get the mind-blowing outcome.
Benzoyl Peroxide – Home Remedy to Treat Skin problems
Purchase some readily available 5% benzoyl peroxide gel and apply it over your whiteheads. It is listed as the most commonly used home remedies for whiteheads.
It has got some exciting abilities to unclog the blocked skin pores from unwanted dirt, sebum, and bacteria.
So, the last measure may be to utilize all these outstanding qualities.
Lemon Juice – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Whiteheads
Lemon juice is rich in substances that act as great exfoliating agents combined with great cell regeneration properties.
These advantages coupled with perfect astringent qualities make it one of the most effective home remedies for whiteheads.
Squeeze out fresh lemon juice form a lemon and soak a cotton ball in it. Now apply this ball over the affected areas and entire face.
Keep it on for at least 20 minutes followed by washing off the face with normal water. One can repeat this as herbal remedies for whiteheads every day to get quick results.
Blindly use some of these home remedies for whiteheads and get an instant rid of those petty looking comedones within a few weeks of use.
You May Like…
Natural Skin Nourishing Face Pack$30.00 – $80.00
Pure Aloe Vera Skin Moisturizing Cream$30.00 – $80.00
You may like reading: