Home Remedies for Blackheads
Blackheads are nothing but pores filled with dead skin, dirt, and oil and usually occur on our nose, ears and sometimes on shoulders and back region too.
Blackhead is a common skin problem of all ages but they crop up mostly in adolescents or teenagers. They are also referred to as open comedones and can be yellowish to black in color.
Blackheads happen when the pores of our skin are clogged by excess sebum, dead skin or dirt build-up which in turn oxidize on contact with the air and finally form dark bumps.
The main reasons for blackhead formation are hormonal changes, use of harsh cosmetic products, stress, genetic factors and lack of skincare.
As such blackheads do not cause any harm to us from a medical point of view, but they are easily noticeable as they appear right on the nose and areas around our nose and are very unappealing to look at.
In order to get rid of them, there are many prescribed over-the-counter medicines available to us but they can cause many harmful side-effects.
It is more advantageous for us to use certain readily available kitchen ingredients to get rid of blackheads naturally.
Such home remedies for blackheads are all-natural and hence very safe, reliable, easy-to-use and effective within the first few weeks of application.
Now let us discuss several home remedies for blackheads that will wonderfully treat those unsightly and hideous-looking black bumps.
Natural Ways to Remove Blackheads
Baking Soda – Home Remedy to Remove Blackheads
Baking soda is one of the most popular home remedies for blackheads which helps in clearing away impurities such as dead skin, debris, dirt and surplus sebum (oil) from our skin.
In addition to it, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) also aids in acne and pimple treatment.
- Make a smooth paste by adding a few drops of pure water into around 2 to 3 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Apply thick layers of this paste on the affected areas be it nose or the surrounding regions.
- Gently massage in circular motions.
- Let this paste dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Repeat this herbal measure for blackheads 2 to 3 times a week.
You may like reading:
Cinnamon, Lemon, and Turmeric – Home Remedies for Blackheads
Cinnamon is an excellent antiseptic used as a potent preventive measure to keep blackheads at bay.
In the case of the onset of blackheads too, one can very well use this natural remedy to get rid of them.
Now let’s take a look at the preparation of cinnamon face mask as outstanding natural remedies for blackheads.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder to it and mix the contents well to form a fine paste.
- Apply on the areas influenced by blackheads.
- Leave this herbal paste for 15 minutes and then wash off with normal water.
- Alternatively, one can also mix cinnamon powder and honey in equal proportions to form a consistent paste.
- Apply this paste on affected areas before going to sleep and keep this overnight.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning.
Follow any one of these home remedies for blackheads made out of cinnamon for 10 to 15 days and experience noteworthy outcomes.
Epsom Salt and Iodine – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Blackheads
Epsom salt also tends to remove open comedones and serves as one of the remarkable natural home remedies for blackheads. It pulls the trapped dirt, dead skin and impurities out of the blocked pores.
- Firstly scrub your face gently in order to remove any dirt particles from of your skin.
- Take half a cup of hot water and add a teaspoon of Epsom salt and 3 to 4 drops of iodine into it.
- Stir the contents well in order to completely dissolve the salt.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this natural solution on your blackheads and allow it to dry for five minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and then wipe with a clean cloth.
Repeat it every day for at least a fortnight.
You May Like…
Oatmeal and Yogurt – Home Remedy to Remove Open Comedones
Make an exfoliating natural face scrub with the help of oatmeal and fresh yogurt which will do wonders as home remedies for blackheads.
Oatmeal relieves skin irritation, removes blackheads and dead skin cells and soaks up excessive greasiness from our skin. Yogurt brings a natural glow to the dull complexion and soothes our skin.
- Cook sufficient amounts of oatmeal required to cover your blackheads approx. a tablespoon.
- Let it cool and add a teaspoon of yogurt to it and form a paste.
- Apply generous layers of this paste on the blackhead affected areas.
- Gently scrub for a couple of minutes and let it rest for over 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash this scrub with normal water and pat dry.
Apply oatmeal home remedies for blackheads once in a day for a couple of weeks.
Green Tea – Home Remedy to Treat Blackheads
Green tea is full of beneficial antioxidants and has stupendous beauty benefits like clearing away the acne, getting rid of excess oil build-up, treating blackheads and soothing skin inflammation.
It also acts as powerful home remedies for blackheads and is a great herbal cleansing agent which helps in reducing extra oil and opening up clogged pores.
- Dip 2 bags of green tea or 2 teaspoons of green tea leaves into a cup of water and let it boil for 15 minutes so that the good qualities of green tea are infused in this water.
- Let this tea get cooled and strain the used tea bags or leaves.
- Dip a clean cotton ball into this solution and apply it all over the affected areas with the help of it.
- Keep this for 10 minutes and wash off with tepid water later on.
Carry on this herbal treatment for blackheads once daily for 2 to 3 weeks in order to get mind-blowing results.
These home remedies for blackheads have been in use since time immemorial and have helped zillions of people in curing open comedones.
Use these homemade remedies to get rid of blackheads on a regular basis and get ready to avail long-term and marvelous results.
You May Like…
You may like reading: