Are you struggling with blackheads and looking for effective solutions? Discover proven home remedies for blackheads that promise clear, radiant skin.
Say goodbye to pesky blackheads and hello to confident beauty with these natural remedies.
Home Remedies for Blackheads
Blackheads are nothing but pores filled with dead skin, dirt, and oil and usually occur on our nose, ears, and sometimes on shoulders and back region too.
Blackheads are a common skin problem of all ages, but they crop up mostly in adolescents or teenagers. They are also called open comedones and can be yellowish to black.
Blackheads happen when the pores of our skin are clogged by excess sebum, dead skin, or dirt build-up, which oxidize on contact with the air and finally form dark bumps.
The main reasons for blackhead formation are hormonal changes, harsh cosmetic products, stress, genetic factors, and lack of skin care.
As such, blackheads do not cause any harm to us from a medical point of view, but they are easily noticeable as they appear right on the nose and areas around our nose and are very unappealing to look at.
To get rid of them, many prescribed over-the-counter medicines are available to us, but they can cause many harmful side effects.
It is more advantageous for us to use certain readily available kitchen ingredients to eliminate blackheads naturally.
Such home remedies for blackheads are all-natural and hence very safe, reliable, easy to use, and effective within the first few weeks of application.
Now let us discuss several home remedies for blackheads that will wonderfully treat those unsightly and hideous-looking black bumps.
Natural Ways to Remove Blackheads
Baking Soda – Home Remedy to Remove Blackheads
Baking soda is one of the most popular home remedies for blackheads which helps clear away impurities such as dead skin, debris, dirt, and surplus sebum (oil) from our skin.
In addition, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) also aids in acne and pimple treatment.
- Make a smooth paste by adding a few drops of pure water to 2 to 3 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Apply thick layers of this paste on the affected areas, the nose, or the surrounding regions.
- Gently massage in circular motions.
- Let this paste dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Repeat this herbal measure for blackheads 2 to 3 times a week.
You may like reading:
Cinnamon, Lemon, and Turmeric – Home Remedies for Blackheads
Cinnamon is an excellent antiseptic used as a potent preventive measure to keep blackheads at bay.
In the case of the onset of blackheads, too, one can use this natural remedy to eliminate them.
Now let’s look at the preparation of cinnamon face masks as one of the outstanding natural remedies for blackheads.
- Mix one teaspoon of organic cinnamon powder with one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix the contents well to form a fine paste.
- Apply on the areas influenced by blackheads.
- Leave this herbal paste for 15 minutes and then wash off with normal water.
- Alternatively, one can mix cinnamon powder and honey in proportions to form a consistent paste.
- Apply this paste on affected areas before sleep, and keep this overnight.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning.
Follow any of these home remedies for blackheads made out of cinnamon for 10 to 15 days and experience noteworthy outcomes.
Epsom Salt and Iodine – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Blackheads
Epsom salt also tends to remove open comedones and is one of the remarkable natural home remedies for blackheads. It pulls the trapped dirt, dead skin, and impurities out of the blocked pores.
- Firstly scrub your face gently to remove any dirt particles from your skin.
- Add a teaspoon of Epsom salt and 3 to 4 drops of iodine into half a cup of hot water.
- Stir the contents well to dissolve the salt completely.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this natural solution on your blackheads and allow it to dry for five minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water and then wipe with a clean cloth.
Repeat it every day for at least a fortnight.
You May Like…
Oatmeal and Yogurt – Home Remedy to Remove Open Comedones
Make an exfoliating natural face scrub with the help of oatmeal and fresh yogurt, which will do wonders as a home remedy for blackheads.
Oatmeal relieves skin irritation, removes blackheads and dead skin cells, and soaks up excessive greasiness from our skin. Yogurt brings a natural glow to the dull complexion and soothes our skin.
- Cook sufficient amounts of oatmeal to cover your blackheads, approximately a tablespoon.
- Let it cool, add a teaspoon of yogurt, and form a paste.
- Apply generous layers of this paste on the blackhead-affected areas.
- Gently scrub for a few minutes and let it rest for over 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash this scrub with normal water and pat dry.
Apply oatmeal home remedies for blackheads once daily for a couple of weeks.
Green Tea – Home Remedy to Treat Blackheads
Green tea contains beneficial antioxidants and beauty benefits like clearing acne, getting rid of excess oil build-up, treating blackheads, and soothing skin inflammation.
It also acts as one of the powerful home remedies for blackheads and is a great herbal cleansing agent that helps reduce extra oil and open up clogged pores.
- Dip two bags of green tea or two teaspoons of green tea leaves into a cup of water and let it boil for 15 minutes to infuse the good qualities of green tea in this water.
- Let this tea get cooled, and strain the used tea bags or leaves.
- Dip a clean cotton ball into this solution and apply it all over the affected areas with the help of it.
- Keep this for 10 minutes and wash off with tepid water later on.
Carry on this herbal blackhead treatment once daily for 2 to 3 weeks to get mind-blowing results.
These home remedies for blackheads have been used since immemorial and have helped zillions of people cure open comedones.
Use these homemade remedies to get rid of blackheads regularly and prepare for long-term and marvelous results.
You May Like…
Unleash the potential of natural remedies for blackheads – pin and achieve clear and radiant skin.
You may like reading: