Home Remedies for Dry Feet
Dry skin on our feet is not a serious problem unless not accompanied by extremely deep cracks or fissures, pain, peeling, redness, itching, inflammation and bleeding of our heels.
It is unpleasant in terms of aesthetic values and makes our feet look unattractive. The skin of our feet does not consist of oil glands and relies on sweat glands and external care to keep them moisturized.
Extreme temperatures, aging, lack of moisturization, diseases like diabetes, athlete’s foot and even wearing tight shoes are common reasons for cracked and dried feet.
It is always a wise decision to pamper your dry feet using some outstanding home remedies for dry feet and cracked heels as they are very advantageous in terms of cost, safety, and availability.
Treatment of dry and cracked feet is a three-step process that involves proper exfoliation, softening and moisturizing.
We present you some amazing hacks and home remedies to heal dry feet that will help you in getting rid of dry skin and fissures on your feet and achieving impressive results.
Natural Ways to Heal Cracked Heels
Scrub – Home Remedy to Cure Dry Feet
First and foremost advice to those having dry heels is to scrub your heels with the help of pumice stone and natural scrubs so that all the dead skin and dust particles are removed.
- Soak your feet in warm soapy water for over 15-20 minutes. This will loosen up the hardened skin.
- Scrub your heels gently with the help of a pumice stone so that the loose dead skin is scrubbed off.
- Wipe off your feet with a soft towel and apply foot cream or lotion afterward.
One must do this activity every night before going to sleep.
Lemon Juice – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Dry Feet
Lemons are also great home remedies for dry feet as they are a rich source of citric acid. This acidic property of lemon tends to soften the hard and dry skin of our feet.
- One can add half a lemon juice into warm water and then keep for 15 minutes.
- Gently scrub the dry area by pumice stone and then wash your feet with cold water and pat dry with a towel.
Do this on alternate days.
You may like reading:
Rice Flour – Home Remedy to Remove Dry Skin
One can make an outstanding exfoliating scrub with the help of rice flour which serves as excellent home remedies for dry feet and cracked heels.
- Mix a handful of rice flour with 1 tablespoon of honey and 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to acquire a thick paste.
- Apply this place on your heels and scrub mildly for 5 to 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
This remedy is very helpful in case of bad cracking and will effectively mitigate dry skin.
Rosewater – Home Remedy for Dry Feet and Cracked Heels
Rosewater contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that will supply adequate nourishment to our heels.
Glycerin is a superb moisturizing agent which will soften them.
A combination of the above two ingredients i.e. 1:1 ratio of rosewater and glycerin can serve as stupendous home remedies for dry feet.
Every night before going to sleep, apply this mixture and then massage gently for a couple of minutes without removing or washing it away.
Exfoliation with Sugar – Home Remedy to Remove Dry and Dead Skin
Regular exfoliation with sugar also proves to be marvelous home remedies for dry feet and cracked heels.
- Combine 1:1 ratio of brown sugar and olive oil to get an exfoliating scrub.
- Rub this mixture all over your feet for around 10-15 minutes majorly focusing on removing the dry and dead skin.
- Rinse it off with cold water and pat dry.
Try this on alternate days.
Indian Lilac Leaves (Neem) – Natural Remedy to Treat Skin Problems
Neem or Indian Lilac leaves as well as turmeric have excellent antiseptic and fungicidal qualities that will soothe the dry, inflamed, infected and irritated skin.
Together they act as one of the topmost home remedies for dry feet.
- Crush 10 to 12 leaves of Neem and add a pinch of turmeric.
- Grind the mixture with the help of some water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it as a natural ointment 2 to 3 times a day on your cracked, painful and fissured heels to get instant relief.
Banana – Home Remedy to Cure Dry Skin
Banana is a great moisturizing agent used widely as one of the utterly best remedies for dry feet treatment.
- Take a ripe banana and mash it to form a consistent paste.
- Apply thick layers of this paste over your heels and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes so that skin absorbs the natural moisturizing properties of banana.
- Wash your feet with lukewarm water and dry with the help of a towel.
Try this natural remedy daily for over a couple of weeks.
Vegetable oil, petroleum jelly, coconut oil, glycerin, olive oil, and paraffin wax are some easy-to-use, readily available and natural moisturizers that will help to keep the feet fully-moisturized and soft.
One must regularly massage at night using one of the above herbal creams so as to keep dry and cracked skin of our feet at bay.
Hence, we sign off now and strongly advise you to try out these superb home remedies for dry feet and get soft, smooth and beautiful heels.
You May Like…
You may like reading: