Home Remedies for Scabies
Sarcoptes scabiei is a dangerous mite which has the capability to live on the human skin for over a month resulting in scabies.
Scabies is a highly contagious skin condition that can spread to anyone who comes in contact, engages in sexual intercourse or using things of the sufferer.
It usually arises in children and young adults causing a great deal of pain, rashes, itching, and redness on the skin along with blisters and swelling.
The commonly affected areas from scabies are shoulder blades, waist, between the fingers, under the breasts, buttocks, soles of feet, armpits, and elbows.
There are many allopathic over-the-counter medications available for this condition but we suggest you using pure natural home remedies for scabies.
One can easily use the readily available kitchen ingredients as home remedies for scabies to soothe the distressing symptoms.
Such natural treatments for scabies do not cause any intrusion or irritation of skin but provide tremendous ease to it.
You can employ these time-tested and widely-acclaimed home remedies for scabies to get relief from it without even visiting a doctor’s clinic.
Get Rid of Scabies Fast at Home
Turmeric – Natural Remedy to Get Rid of Scabies
Turmeric is a highly esteemed spice in India not only because it is a wonderful natural food coloring agent but is also loaded with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities.
Hence, no wonder turmeric is widely used as powerful home remedies for scabies.
- Take a tablespoon of turmeric powder and add a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Mix them nicely so as to get a consistent herbal paste.
- Apply sufficient amounts of this paste over the scabies-affected areas.
- Leave it off for an hour and then rinse it off with tepid water.
Repeat this as herbal remedies for scabies every day for a few weeks.
Tea Tree Oil – Home Remedy to Treat Skin Infections
Tea tree oil is counted as one of the most outstanding home remedies for scabies as it has the unparalleled ability to kill scabies causing mite from the skin.
Moreover, it is adequately packed with mind-blowing antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, disinfectant, antibacterial, anti-parasitic as well as healing properties which are great for any sort of skin condition.
- One can take tea tree oil bath by adding 10 to 12 drops in warm water which will instantly soothe the paining condition.
- Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon each of tea tree oil and olive oil and apply this mixture on the scabies-infested region.
Repeat these homemade remedies for scabies once daily to get noteworthy results.
Neem or Margosa – Home Remedy to Treat Scabies
Neem or Margosa leaves also possess marvelous antibacterial and antifungal properties that make them find their place in the list of top home remedies for scabies.
In a few days, the potent Neem, leaves are able to clear out mites and put a leash to frustrating itchiness.
- Use a pestle and mortar to make a paste from 10 to 12 freshly picked Neem leaves.
- Make sure that your affected area is clean and then apply this paste over it.
- Let it dry off naturally and take a bath to wash it off. Repeat this herbal remedy daily.
One can also apply Neem oil over scabies infested region and then leave it as it is for 10 minutes followed by a warm water bath. Perform these natural remedies for scabies daily once.
White Vinegar – Home Remedy to Prevent Symptoms of Scabies
White vinegar consists of acetic acid that lowers the pH value of the skin. This lowered pH makes the skin acidic and makes the environment toxic for the mites to survive and eventually kills them off.
- Mix equal amounts of white vinegar to water and apply this solution to your itching skin with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it rest for five minutes and then wash off with normal water.
One can repeat this as natural remedies for scabies 2 to 3 times a day for two weeks.
One will surely get total rid of the scabies infection.
You may like reading:
Onion – Home Remedy to Cure Skin Irritation and Infections
Onion has potent analgesic and parasite killing effects when applied on the skin and hence finds a place among home remedies for scabies. It also combats skin infection effectively.
- Cut medium-sized pieces of onion and sprinkle some salt over it.
- Put a lid over it and after an hour or two, you will notice juice squeezed of the onion.
- Apply this onion juice over the inflamed area and wash off with lukewarm water after half an hour.
Repeat this activity as herbal remedies for scabies treatment one time every day.
Bleach – Home Remedy to Cure Scabies
Bleach has rich amounts of chlorine in it which is best known for its efficient disinfectant properties.
Chlorine helps in killing off scabies causing mites and hence bleach is counted as fantastic home remedies for scabies.
- Dilute 1 cup of bleach in 3 cups of normal water and then apply this solution over the infected areas.
- Keep it for around 15 minutes and then take shower in normal water.
Do this every day. Remember that bleach in undiluted form can have corrosive effects on the skin so it is highly recommended to dilute it before use.
You May Like…
You may like reading: