Are you looking for effective solutions to alleviate scabies at home? Explore these home remedies for scabies that offer natural relief from discomfort and itching.
Home Remedies for Scabies
Sarcoptes scabiei is a dangerous mite that can live on human skin for over a month resulting in scabies.
Scabies is a highly contagious skin condition that can spread to anyone who comes in contact with, engages in sexual intercourse, or uses things of the sufferer.
It usually arises in children and young adults, causing great pain, rashes, itching, redness, blisters, and swelling.
The commonly affected areas from scabies are the shoulder blades, waist, between the fingers, under the breasts, buttocks, soles of feet, armpits, and elbows.
Many allopathic over-the-counter medications are available for this condition, but we suggest you use pure natural home remedies for scabies.
One can easily use the readily available kitchen ingredients as home remedies for scabies to soothe distressing symptoms.
Such natural treatments for scabies do not cause any intrusion or irritation of the skin but provide tremendous ease.
You can use these time-tested and widely-acclaimed home remedies for scabies to relieve it without even visiting a doctor’s clinic.
Get Rid of Scabies Fast at Home
Turmeric – Natural Remedy to Get Rid of Scabies
Turmeric is a highly esteemed spice in India not only because it is a wonderful natural food coloring agent but is also loaded with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities.
Hence, no wonder turmeric is widely used as powerful home remedies for scabies.
- Take a tablespoon of turmeric powder and add a few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix them nicely to get a consistent herbal paste.
- Apply sufficient amounts of this paste over the scabies-affected areas.
- Leave it off for an hour, then rinse it with tepid water.
Repeat this as herbal remedies for scabies every day for a few weeks.
Tea Tree Oil – Home Remedy to Treat Skin Infections
Tea tree oil is counted as one of the most outstanding home remedies for scabies, as it has the unparalleled ability to kill scabies-causing mites from the skin.
Moreover, it is adequately packed with mind-blowing antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, disinfectant, antibacterial, anti-parasitic, and healing properties that are great for any skin condition.
- One can take a tea tree oil bath by adding 10 to 12 drops in warm water, instantly soothing the painful condition.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon each of tea tree and olive oil and apply this mixture on the scabies-infested region.
Repeat these homemade remedies for scabies once daily to get noteworthy results.
Neem or Margosa – Home Remedy to Treat Scabies
Neem or Margosa leaves also possess marvelous antibacterial and antifungal properties that make them find their place in the list of top home remedies for scabies.
In a few days, the potent Neem leaves can clear out mites and put a leash to itchiness.
- Paste from 10 to 12 freshly picked Neem leaves using a pestle and mortar.
- Ensure your affected area is clean, and then apply this paste over it.
- Let it dry off naturally, and take a bath to wash it off. Repeat this herbal remedy daily.
One can also apply Neem oil over the scabies-infested region and leave it for 10 minutes, followed by a warm water bath. Perform these natural remedies for scabies daily once.
White Vinegar – Home Remedy to Prevent Symptoms of Scabies
White vinegar consists of acetic acid that lowers the pH value of the skin. This lowered pH makes the skin acidic, making the environment toxic for the mites to survive and eventually killing them.
- Mix equal amounts of white vinegar to water and apply this solution to your itching skin with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it rest for five minutes, then wash off with normal water.
One can repeat this as natural remedies for scabies 2 to 3 times daily for two weeks.
One will surely get rid of the scabies infection.
You may like reading:
Onion – Home Remedy to Cure Skin Irritation and Infections
Onion has potent analgesic and parasite-killing effects when applied on the skin and hence finds a place among home remedies for scabies. It also combats skin infections effectively.
- Cut medium-sized pieces of onion and sprinkle some salt over it.
- Put a lid over it, and after an hour or two, you will notice juice squeezed from the onion.
- Apply this onion juice over the inflamed area and wash off with lukewarm water after half an hour.
Repeat this activity as herbal remedies for scabies treatment one time every day.
Bleach – Home Remedy to Cure Scabies
Bleach has rich amounts of chlorine, best known for its efficient disinfectant properties.
Chlorine helps kill off scabies-causing mites; hence, bleach is counted as one of the fantastic home remedies for scabies.
- Dilute 1 cup of bleach in 3 cups of normal water and then apply this solution over the infected areas.
- Keep it for around 15 minutes, then shower in normal water.
Do this every day. Remember that bleach in undiluted form can have corrosive effects on the skin, so it is highly recommended to dilute it before use.
You May Like…
Wellness starts with action – pin these scabies home remedies for a healthier world.
You may like reading: