Are you looking for effective solutions? Curious about home remedies for nail fungus? Discover natural ways to combat fungal infections and restore healthy, strong nails.
Prepare to bid farewell to nail fungus and welcome confident, beautiful nails with these proven remedies. Explore the power of natural ingredients in fighting nail fungus and regaining nail health.
Home Remedies For Nail Fungus
Nail fungus is an unpleasant condition characterized by yellowish and brittle nails that eventually break down and crumble.
The area surrounding the fungus-infected nails becomes swollen and inflamed.
The major contributing factors to nail fungus are continuous exposure to moisture, abnormal pH levels, weak immunity, diabetes, poor hygiene, excessive sweat build-up, and wearing synthetic socks.
As the infection spreads, a painful sensation accompanies this situation.
From an aesthetic point of view also, nails affected by fungus are hideous to look at and must be treated as soon as possible.
One can treat the problem of nail fungus or onychomycosis with the help of traditional and time-tested home remedies for nail fungus.
These herbal measures for nail fungus are quite effective and a thousand times safer than allopathic medicines that cause undesirable side effects.
Now let us look at the six best home remedies for nail fungus, which are excellent.
Get Rid of Toenail Onychomycosis Naturally
One can easily find baking soda in the kitchen cabinets that make various dishes. But one would be amazed to know that it also serves as one of the effective home remedies for nail fungus.
As fungi always require an acidic environment to grow, baking soda will, in turn, provide an alkaline environment to counteract the situation. It also helps neutralize the foul odor in our feet.
- In 4 cups of warm water, add half a cup of baking soda, half a cup of Epsom salt, one-fourth cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide, and one-fourth cup of white vinegar.
- Mix the contents well, and soak your feet affected by nail fungus into it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off your feet with lukewarm water and wipe it dry with the help of a soft towel.
Repeat this activity 2 to 3 times daily for several weeks and get impressive results.
- Mix baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and borax powder (sodium borate) in a ratio of 1:1 and add a few drops of water to it enough to obtain a fine paste.
- Damp your feet with water and apply this powerful fungicidal paste on your affected toenails.
- Do not wash it off, and repeat this twice a day for weeks to get wonderful results.
You may like reading:
Lavender oil also possesses outstanding anti-fungal and antiseptic properties and is one of the most popular home remedies for nail fungus. It drastically combats any skin infections and prevents skin irritation.
- Apply a few drops of lavender oil on your fungus-affected nails.
- Wear soft woolen socks (non-synthetic fabric) to prevent this oil from rubbing off.
- Keep this oil overnight and do this activity regularly for a few weeks.
An alternative procedure involving lavender oil includes the use of tea tree oil as well.
Tea tree oil also has anti-fungal properties in profusion, so the toe infection gets removed within a few weeks.
Both lavender and tea tree oil work together as superb home remedies for nail fungus.
- Mix a few drops of lavender and tea tree oil in equal proportions.
- Apply this solution over the edges of your fungus-affected nails with the help of a cotton ball.
- Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it with normal water.
- Properly wipe your feet using a soft towel and repeat this 2 to 3 times daily for 1 to 2 months.
Use organic cornmeal as one of the effective home remedies for nail fungus and avail marvelous long-lasting benefits.
Cornmeal consists of natural fungus that does not harm our bodies. But, it proves highly effective in fighting Candida and other fungal infections in our skin and nails.
- Mix half a cup of organic cornmeal into half a bucket (or any container that can smoothly fit both feet) of water.
- Soak your feet in this solution for 30 to 45 minutes so the cornmeal acts on your feet.
Use this twice or thrice a week to get great outcomes.
Olive oil is a famous moisturizing agent that will soften hardened, dried-out, and fungus-affected toenails.
It will not cure onychomycosis alone, but when used with oregano oil, together they will work wonders as home remedies for nail fungus natural treatment and restore the good health of our nails.
Oregano is an effectual oil with great antiseptic and antibacterial properties that eliminate discoloration and brittleness accompanying nail fungus.
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of olive oil with a teaspoon of oregano oil.
- Apply it over the affected toenails and cover it up with a bandage.
- Remove the bandage after 2 to 3 hours.
Try applying this mixture once a day for 2 to 3 weeks to achieve wonderful progress.
Garlic is also packed with powerful fungicidal properties due to the presence of substances like ajoene and allicin. It successfully treats onychomycosis and is counted as one of the best home remedies for nail fungus.
- Make a natural garlic olive by frying 4 to 5 garlic cloves in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 15 to 20 minutes and let it rest for 2 to 3 hours until all the goodness of garlic gets infused with the olive oil.
- Strain the leftover garlic cloves and apply this oil over your affected toes.
- Cover it with the help of a bandage so that it does not get wiped off.
- Keep it for 2 to 3 hours, and then remove the bandage.
Repeat this every day for weeks until the fungus gets completely eradicated.
Lastly, apple cider or white vinegar will be fantastic home remedies for nail fungus. It can be applied topically and internally to kill fungal and bacterial growth.
- Mix one tablespoon of ACV and half a tablespoon of Epsom salt in half a bucket full of warm water.
- Stir the contents well and soak your feet in for half an hour.
Do this twice a day regularly for 2 to 3 weeks.
Make an exfoliating scrub to treat toenail fungus, remove dead skin, and keep your skin soft. It will come to your rescue as all-natural home remedies for nail fungus to prevent infection.
- Take half a tablespoon of coarsely ground rice flour and add a few teaspoons of apple cider or white vinegar to obtain a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste over and around the fungus-affected areas and scrub mildly.
Try this out once daily, three times a week.
Hence, we have mentioned the best and extremely effective home remedies for nail fungus that provide outstanding results.
Try these herbal remedies immediately if you have a problem with onychomycosis.
You May Like…
Share the art of thriving – pin these nail fungus remedies. Say goodbye to fungal infections.
You may like reading: