Crispy home made egg rolls can be served as a great snack or appetizer. They taste wonderful and delicious. These egg rolls are a unique combination of crispiness with eggs.
It is a favorite any time snack for children and adults alike. These small egg rolls taste like heaven. They can be filled with vegetables, depends upon your choice.
There are many versions of these egg rolls you can fill them with cheese, vegetables, bacon, apple or blueberry, all of them have a wonderful taste.
It is a super easy and quick recipe to prepare at any time and make the tummies of your loved ones happy. It hardly takes an hour.
Preparation and cooking time
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour (approx.)
- Ground pork = 1 pound
- Ginger = 1 tablespoon grated
- Garlic clove = 1 minced
- Onion powder = 1 teaspoon
- Soya sauce = 1 tablespoon
- Coleslaw = one and a half cup
- Egg roll wrappers = 12
- Oil for deep frying
- Water = 2 tablespoon
- All-purpose flour = 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil = 2 teaspoons
- Garlic clove = 1
- Red pepper flakes = half teaspoon
- Sesame seeds = half teaspoon (optional)
- Lime juice = 1 teaspoon
- Sesame oil = one-fourth teaspoon
- Orange juice = 1 tablespoon
- Honey = one-fourth cup
- Soya sauce = one-fourth cup
- Garlic root minced = 1 teaspoon
Directions – Home Made Egg Rolls
- First of all, we will prepare the sesame sauce, take a pan and add garlic, chili flakes, and oil. Cook over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients that are orange juice, sesame oil, and lime juice and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then set this pan aside and put it in the fridge till the serving time.
- Now we will prepare the egg rolls, take a pan and add pork, ginger, garlic, and onion powder and some oil, cook it over medium heat for about 5 minutes then set this pan aside.
- Take another pan and add oil in it for deep frying. Deep heat this oil at 350 degrees.
- Take a bowl and add water and all-purpose flour in it.
- Now take the egg rolls and set them on a table, add 2 tablespoons of coleslaw and 2 tablespoons of meat at the center.
- Spread this mixture evenly throughout the egg roll paper.
- Now fold it, first of all, fold the opposite sides together so they make a triangular shape, fold the opposite sides inwards and then roll them tightly.
- You can seal the edges with flour.
- Start taking each rolled piece and dip it in oil, fry it till it becomes brown in color.
- Your crispy egg rolls are ready to be served and enjoyed with the sesame sauce.
You may like reading:
Blueberry Egg Rolls Recipe
Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
This amazing recipe can make 12 rolls and serve 6 persons.
These crispy egg rolls have fats, carbohydrates, and proteins in the right ratio.
You may like reading:
Crescent Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Asian Variation of Sloppy Joes Recipe