Crunchy, delicious, tasty blueberry egg rolls are fun to make and yummy to eat. They can be taken as appetizers or desserts; in both cases, it is a wonderful thing to eat.
They can be used with chamomile flowers or other seasonings. It tastes delicious with vanilla seasoning all over it.
It makes a person die for it when it is hot, crunchy, and soft and with blueberry oozing out of it with a lovely aroma. It is really an exceptional thing to eat and relish.
Blueberry egg rolls are also a healthy food to eat as it contains blueberries which are too good for health. Blueberries even save a person from heart and brain diseases.
If you do not have blueberries, you may try blackberries, cranberries, raspberries or strawberries instead of that. All of these are rich in antioxidants.
Preparation and Cooking Time
Preparation time: 10 to 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 to 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes (approx.)
- Blackberries = 2 cups (fresh)
- Raw sugar = 1 cup
- Vanilla extract = half teaspoon
- Chamomile flowers = half teaspoon dried
- Lemon juice = 1
- Blueberries = half cup fresh
- Eggs = 1
- Water = 2 teaspoon
- Egg roll wrappers = 10
- Oil for deep frying
- Cream = 1 cup
- Zest = 1 cup
- Other seasoning = vanilla ice-cream (optional)
- First of all, make the filling of the blueberry egg rolls. Take a bowl and add vanilla extract, dried chamomile flowers, raw sugar, zest, and lemon juice. Mix them well. Keep on mixing till it as a whole becomes smooth, fluffy and sort of creamy.
- Cook this mixture on a low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir this mixture gently and take this mixture from heat, set it aside and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, prepare an egg wash by adding egg and water in a bowl and mix them well till it becomes fluffy and creamy.
- Now heat the oil at a temperature of about 350 degrees.
- Now take an egg roll paper and brush it lightly with egg wash.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of filling that you made before in the center of the egg roll paper that you have previously brushed.
- Now fold this egg roll paper upside down gently.
- Put the two ends together and then brush these two sides with more egg wash.
- Seal it carefully so that it doesn’t break away.
- Now turn by turn take these blueberry bites and dip them in oil. Keep on frying them till they become light brown in color.
- After frying place them neatly on a plate.
- Spread that egg wash topping neatly on it.
- Blueberry egg rolls are now ready to serve.
- You can also add vanilla ice cream over blueberry egg rolls to give them a wonderful look and awesome taste.
You may like reading:
Almost 5 persons can enjoy this delicious dish.
- It is low in calories, fats, and sodium.
- Blueberries increase the number of antioxidants in the body hence keeping a person healthy and rejuvenated.
You may like reading: