Chocolate Cheesecake Cherries recipe will definitely become one of your favorites. It is a unique sweet and flavorful treat that looks and tastes absolutely amazing.
Juicy fresh cherries are filled with delicious creamy cheesecake filling and then dipped in chocolate. It tastes even better than it sounds. And they are fairly easy to make too. No one will be able to resist these luscious treats.
Chocolate Cheesecake Cherries Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 50 cherries (about 15 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons of spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- Half teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of whipped cream
- 12 ounces of milk or chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate
Instructions – Chocolate Cheesecake Cherries
- Wash cherries and remove their stems. Dry and pit them, set them to dry on a paper towel afterward.
- If you don’t have a cherry pitter you can use a piping tip to pit the cherries.
- In a small bowl mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Add in whipped cream and mix it in gently until completely combined.
- Place this mixture into a piping bag making sure that tip can fit inside the hole of the pitted cherry.
- Before filling each cherry make sure that it has properly dried of any excess water or juice.
- Fill each cherry with cheesecake filling.
- On very low heat melt about an ounce of milk chocolate. Using a teaspoon apply a small amount of chocolate to close the holes of each cherry.
- Place cherries in a parchment-lined pan placing them on their sides so the chocolate doesn’t stick to the paper. Place them in the freezer for about 5 minutes to allow chocolate to stiffen.
- In the meantime melt the rest of the milk chocolate on low heat while stirring the whole time.
- Now dip each cherry into the melted chocolate one by one. Make sure each cherry is evenly coated and that all excess chocolate has dropped off.
- Place cherries back into the parchment-lined pan.
- After that melt 2 tablespoons of dark chocolate. Once melted put it in a zip lock bag and make a small hole by snipping a piece of the corner of the bag.
- You can now draw designs on your chocolates.
- Allow cherries to cool for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Your chocolate cheesecake cherries are now done. If you aren’t going to serve them right away keep them refrigerated.
You may like reading:
With this recipe, you will get 50 chocolate cheesecake cherries which are enough for 4 to 5 servings.
- This very sweet and rich treat also provides us with a lot of vitamin C.
- Even though vitamin C is a well-known antioxidant the flavonoids from chocolate have far greater antioxidant properties.
- Chocolate cheesecake cherries are also full of essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, iron, and copper which are needed to maintain optimal health.