Do you find yourself lost in the wonder of Avocado Wontons? Then here’s one way to stop spending cash on expensive Chinese takeaways.
Through this recipe, you will learn to make tasty restaurant-like avocado wontons while saving a lot of time, gas and money.
The mashed avocados roasted in beautiful Chinese flavors and sauces wrapped in the crispy wonton sheets is a perfect snack that can be served at parties as it is very easy to cook and tastes very good.
Preparation and cooking time
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 12 Shanghai wonton wrappers
- 1 Avocado (peeled, cored and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Coriander, minced
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- One-fourth teaspoon pepper
Directions – Avocado Wontons Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions, tomatoes, scallion until they are slightly cooked.
- Toss some garlic, Tabasco sauce and soy sauce to the vegetables.
- In a bowl mix smashed avocado and yogurt. Season it with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Add this mixture to the vegetables on the pan and let it cook for some time until the avocadoes lose the raw smell.
- Take it off the heat after 5 minutes.
- Carefully wrap the wonton sheets with 1 tablespoon of this filling. Dip your fingers in water or oil before wrapping the sheets to get a neat finish. Press the edges of the wonton sheets into the shape of a dumpling.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying. Check by adding a small piece of the wonton sheet, if the oil bubbles and the sheet float to the top you can add the rest of your wontons.
- Fry until the dumplings turn golden brown and acquire a crisp texture.
- Place them on a tissue to absorb excess oil and serve hot.
You may like reading:
- Avocados creamy texture and rich taste make it a common ingredient in many desserts as well as spicy dishes. They are loaded with fiber and contain more potassium than bananas. Studies have also shown that eating avocados can lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels. It not only has a lot of health benefits but also is very delicious and goes well with any recipe.
- Natural yogurt also comes with its own list of benefits because of the high amount of calcium found in it. Yogurt based diet helps in abdominal fat loss which is the most challenging area to lose weight.
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C which protects the body against immune system deficiencies. It reduces the inflammation in joints as it can dissolve uric acid.