Darkness present under our eyes in the form of rings or shadows is commonly known as dark circles. There is nothing clinically serious about dark circles apart from that it makes people look unattractive.
The problem of under eye dark circles is very common nowadays that makes us look tired, older, unhealthy and exhausted.
Major causes leading to this condition are prolonged exposure to computer, lack of adequate sleep, heredity, improper nutrition, dryness in skin, inadequate intake of water, aging, prolonged illness, prolonged crying, too much mental or physical stress, etc.
Home Remedies for Dark Circles
The dark circles under eyes have to be dealt with as soon as possible and rather than using chemically active under eye creams or lotions one must try certain home remedies for dark circles that will show immediate and outstanding results.
We are mentioning some best of them by using simple kitchen ingredients that are easily available at our homes and are so easy to use and apply.
As all these natural remedies for under eye dark circles are pure herbal in nature, not even slightest chance of having irritation or side effects is there that is in case of other synthetic creams and measures. So, let us begin –
Reduce Dark Circles Under Eyes Naturally
Almond Oil – Home Remedy to Remove Dark Circles
Almond oil is counted as topmost home remedies for dark circles as they are extremely good sources of vitamin-E. This oil has emollient properties that make our dry skin soft and supple.
- Use a few drops of sweet almond oil and massage it over your dark circles gently.
- Keep it overnight and wash it off the next morning.
Do this every night before going to sleep until you notice remarkable changes.
Cucumber – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Cucumber is also used as brilliant home remedies for dark circles due to high amounts of its marvelous antioxidants present in it such as cucurbitacins, vitexin, and orientin. These antioxidants treat under eye dark circles effectively.
- Take a fresh cucumber and cut it into some thick slices.
- Keep these slices into the refrigerator for half an hour and then take out two of them.
- Keep them over your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes and repeat this as natural remedies for dark circles two times a day.
Potatoes – Home Remedy to Cure Under Eye Dark Circles
The next on the list of amazing natural remedies for under eye dark circles comes none another than potatoes.
Potatoes have skin-nourishing qualities due to rich amounts of starch, enzymes as well as vitamin C.
- Take a raw potato and grate it to extract its juice.
- Dip two cotton balls into this juice and then place them gently over your under eye dark circles.
- After 10 minutes take them off and wash your eyes with cold water.
Do this as homemade natural remedies for dark circles twice a day.
You may like reading:
Tomatoes – Home Remedy to Lighten Dark Skin
Tomatoes are listed as highly effected and time-tested home remedies for dark circles.
Tomatoes possess a phytochemical known as lycopene that is good for the skin and protects it from any damage.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture over your dark circles with the help of a cotton ball.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
Follow this as natural remedies for dark circles twice a day for a couple of weeks to get noticeable results.
Orange – Home Remedy to Prevent Formation of Dark Circles
As it is widely known that oranges are good in vitamin C content, these are used as home remedies for dark circles under eyes.
Vitamin C is great for getting rid of skin discoloration and hence must be used for the natural treatment for under eye dark circles.
- Mix a teaspoon of orange juice with few drops of glycerin and apply this directly over the dark circles.
- Let this mixture stay for 15 minutes and then rinse off your eyes with cold water.
One can repeat this as herbal remedies for dark circles thrice a week.
You May Like…
Rosewater – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Dark Circles
Rosewater is an incredible ingredient for enhancing beauty and skincare. It imparts terrific soothing effects on our skin rejuvenates it entirely and thus is the perfect choice as home remedies for dark circles.
Soak two cotton balls in cold rose water and place it over your eyes for good fifteen minutes.
Its mild astringent properties cure darkness under eyes and this natural measure for dark circles must be applied 2 times in a day for a couple of weeks.
Tea Bags – Home Remedy to Treat Skin Problems
Green tea contains tannins that have powerful astringent properties and hence green tea bags are counted as potent home remedies for dark circles.
- Take two tea bags of green tea and dip them in water.
- Keep these bags inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Now take them out and place them over your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your eyes off with cool water and repeat it once every day as homemade remedies for dark circles.
Your joy will know no bounds when you will try these astounding home remedies for dark circles and get remarkable results in a week or two.
You May Like…
You may like reading: