Home Remedies for Skin Abscess and Boils
A skin abscess or boil is basically a skin infection that results in the formation of large pimples around regions like face, head, scalp, back, breasts, vagina, groin, armpits, and buttocks.
These boils are reddish, tender to feel and are filled with bacteria, germs, dirt, protein, and white blood cells resulting in the formation of pus in its center.
They can also cause pain on touching and spread easily through contact.
Some of the causes of skin abscess may be improper nutrition, poor hygiene, the effect of harsh chemicals, diabetes, drinking alcohol, low immunity, and friction due to tight clothes.
It causes pain and makes our skin look ugly and unpleasant.
Now, the question arises is, how to get rid of a boil?
Usually, people apply boil ointment or try to puncture it. While some wait for its automatic bursting.
Natural home remedies for skin abscess and boils are extremely reliable in removing it as it does not cause any harm to us and remove it within two weeks!
Tips to Get Rid of Skin Abscess and Boils
Potato – Home Remedy for Skin Abscess and Boils
Potatoes are being used for a long time as perfect home remedies for skin abscess. They cure skin boils or abscess by sucking out the pus, within two weeks of application.
- Cut thin slices of a small raw potato up to 1 inch of thickness and put it over the skin abscess.
- Put bandage to keep it still over the boil and keep it for an hour.
Repeat the same, thrice a day for two weeks.
Onion Juice – Home Remedy to Cure Boils
Onion juice contains antiseptic properties that help taking blood over the skin boil and immediately curing the area.
- Cut thick pieces of raw onion and place them over your skin boils.
- Tie them with tape or bandage and keep till 3 hours.
Replace fresh onions with the used ones and try it along with other natural home remedies for skin abscess, twice a day until the boil disappears.
Turmeric – Home Remedy to Treat Skin Abscess
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is a natural blood purifier. It also helps in fighting infections and successfully treats skin abscess problem.
- Make an herbal drink by mixing a teaspoon of turmeric powder and some sugar in warm milk.
- Stir the contents well and drink it two times a day.
Garlic – Natural Remedy to Prevent Symptoms of Boils
Garlic is one of the powerful natural home remedies for skin abscess and boils.
- Take 2 to 3 garlic cloves and make a fine paste of it.
- Apply this paste over the boils and keep for 3 hours.
Repeat this activity thrice a day for a fortnight.
Alternatively, take 3 to 4 garlic cloves and heat them on the stove. Keep these warm cloves directly on your boils and wrap them with tape. It will give amazing results when applied thrice a day for 2 weeks.
Neem (Indian Lilac) – Natural Remedy to Remove Boils
Neem is renowned for its antiseptic and anti-microbial qualities. Neem leaves are effective natural remedies for skin abscess and boils.
- Take a handful of around 10 to 12 Neem leaves and grind them with some water to get a thin paste.
- Apply this paste over the affected areas. Now, boil some Neem leaves in 1 glass of water and filter out the leaves.
- As the paste over your face dries, wash it with this Neem water.
This treatment is suggested for at least twice a day daily for a fortnight for complete removal of boils.
Parsley Leaves – Natural Remedy to Curb Skin Infections
Parsley leaves are excellent natural home remedies for skin abscess and boil that cure them over short intervals of time that too without causing any infections or pain.
- Take 5 to 6 parsley leaves and boil them in water.
- After the water gets the first boil, take them out and put them over your skin boils as a bandage.
- Let it rest for an hour and repeat it thrice a day for 2 weeks.
You may like reading:
Egg – Home Remedy to Curb Skin Abscess and Boils
Egg white is helpful in curing the skin abscess and boils.
- Crack an egg by separating egg white and yolk.
- Beat it to form a foamy paste and apply this paste over your boils.
- Wash your face with warm water after it has dried.
Do this two times a day regularly for a fortnight.
Egg white serves as one of the remarkable natural home remedies for skin abscess and boils.
Cornmeal – Natural Remedy to Treat Skin Disorders
Cornmeal is a natural absorbent and is used as effective natural home remedies for skin abscess and boils.
- Take half cup of water and make it warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornmeal to it to form a thick doughy paste.
- Apply it directly over the boils and cover the face with a cloth.
- Let the pus drain out gradually and wash it off later on.
Repeat at least twice a day.
Castor Oil – Home Remedy to Remove Skin Problems
Castor oil is an amazing antiseptic and is one of the best natural home remedies for skin abscess.
- Apply a few drops of castor oil over your skin boils using a cotton ball.
- Rub gently with the help of the cotton ball, to take out the inner pus out of the boil.
- Do it twice a day until the abscess is totally out of the scene.
If you liked this post, check this out:
Epsom Salt – Home Remedy to Get Rid of Skin Abscess
Epsom salt helps in the getting rid of the skin abscess problem and hence, finds its place among various other natural home remedies for skin abscess.
Fill your bathtub with Epsom salt and warm water and take a bath in it. The regular bath must be taken with Epsom salt for over 2 weeks to alleviate boils.
These above-mentioned remedies need to be regularly followed daily for over a fortnight to get outstandingly clear and smooth skin.
You May Like…
You may like reading:
If you liked these remedies, please give this post a like!