Nail fungus is an unpleasant condition which is characterized by yellowish and brittle nails that eventually break down and crumble. The area surrounding the fungus infected nails becomes swollen and inflamed. The major contributing factors leading to nail fungus are continuous exposure to moisture, abnormal pH levels, weak immunity, diabetes, poor hygiene, excessive sweat build-up and wearing synthetic socks. As the infection spreads, a painful sensation accompanies this situation.
From an aesthetic point of view also, nails affected by fungus are very hideous to look at and must be treated as soon as possible. One can treat the problem of nail fungus or onychomycosis with the help of using traditional and time-tested home remedies for nail fungus. These herbal measures for nail fungus are quite effective and thousand times safer than using allopathic medicines which cause undesirable side effects. Now let us look as 6 best home remedies for nail fungus which are absolutely excellent in this regard.
Home Remedies For Nail Fungus
One can easily find baking soda in the kitchen cabinets which is used to make a variety of dishes. But one would be amazed to know that it serves as effective home remedies for nail fungus too. As fungus always require acidic environment to grow, baking soda will in turn provide an alkaline environment to counteract the situation. It also helps in neutralizing the foul odor in our feet.
- In 4 cups of warm water, add half a cup baking soda, half a cup of Epsom salt, one fourth cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide and one-fourth cup of white vinegar to it.
- Mix the contents well soak your feet affected by nail fungus into it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off your feet with lukewarm water and wipe it dry with the help of a soft towel.
- Repeat this activity 2 to 3 times a day for several weeks and get impressive results.
- Mix baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and borax powder (sodium borate) in the ratio of 1:1 and add few drops of water to it enough for obtaining a fine paste.
- Damp your feet with water and apply this powerful fungicidal paste on your affected toenails.
- Do not wash it off and repeat this twice a day for weeks to get wonderful results.
Lavender oil also possesses outstanding anti-fungal and antiseptic properties and its one of the most popular home remedies for nail fungus. It drastically combats any kind of skin infections and prevents skin irritation.
- Apply few drops of lavender oil on your fungus-affected nails.
- Wear a pair of soft woolen socks (non-synthetic fabric) so as to prevent this oil from rubbing off.
- Keep this oil overnight and do this activity on a regular basis for a couple of weeks.
Alternative procedure involving lavender oil includes the use of tea tree oil as well. Tea tree oil also consists of anti-fungal properties in profusion so that the toe infection gets removed within few weeks. Both lavender and tea tree oil work together as superb home remedies for nail fungus.
- Mix few drops of lavender oil and tea tree oil in equal proportions.
- Apply this solution over the edges of your fungus affected nails with the help of a cotton ball.
- Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it with normal water.
- Properly wipe your feet using a soft towel and repeat this 2 to 3 times a day for 1 to 2 months.
Use organic cornmeal as home remedies for nail fungus and avail marvelous long lasting benefits. Cornmeal consists of natural fungus which does not harm our body at all in any way. But, it proves highly effective in fighting Candida and other fungal infections occurring in our skin and nails.
- Mix half a cup of organic cornmeal into half a bucket (or any container that can smoothly fit both the feet) of water.
- Soak your feet into this solution for 30 to 45 minutes so that the cornmeal acts on our feet.
- Use this twice or thrice a week to get great outcomes.
Olive oil with Oregano oil
Olive oil is a famous moisturizing agent that will soften the hardened, dried out and fungus-affected toe nail. It will not cure onychomycosis alone but when used with oregano oil, together they will work wonders as home remedies for nail fungus natural treatment and restore good health of our nails. Oregano is very effectual oil consisting of great antiseptic and antibacterial properties that eliminate discoloration and brittleness which accompany nail fungus.
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of oregano oil with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply it over the affected toe nails and cover it up with a bandage.
- Remove the bandage after 2 to 3 hours.
- Try out applying this mixture one time in a day for 2 to 3 weeks continuously to achieve wonderful progress.
Garlic is also packed with powerful fungicidal properties due to the presence of substances like ajoene and allicin. It successfully treats onychomycosis and is counted as best home remedies for nail fungus.
- Make a natural garlic olive by frying 4 to 5 garlic cloves in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 15 to 20 minutes and let it rest for 2 to 3 hours until all the goodness of garlic gets infused with the olive oil.
- Strain out the leftover garlic cloves and apply this garlic oil over your affected toes.
- Cover it with the help of a bandage so that it does not get wiped off.
- Keep it for 2 to 3 hours and then remove the bandage. Repeat this every day for weeks until the fungus gets completely eradicated.
Apple Cider vinegar or White vinegar
Last but not the least, apple cider vinegar or if unavailable, white vinegar will serve as fantastic home remedies for nail fungus. It can be applied topically as well as internally to kill fungal and bacterial growth.
- In a half a bucket full of warm water, mix 1 tablespoon of ACV and half a tablespoon of Epsom salt.
- Stir the contents well and soak your feet in for half an hour.
- Do this twice a day regularly for 2 to 3 weeks.
Make an exfoliating scrub to treat toenail fungus, remove dead skin and keep your skin soft. It will definitely come to your rescue as all-natural home remedies for nail fungus to prevent infection.
- Take half a tablespoon of coarsely ground rice flour and add few teaspoons of ACV or white vinegar in order to obtain a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste over and around the fungus-affected areas and scrub mildly.
- Try this out once in a day for three times a week.
Hence, we have mentioned the best and extremely effective home remedies for nail fungus that provide outstanding results. Go try these herbal remedies immediately if your are having the problem of onychomycosis.
You May Like…
Acne is undoubtedly the most annoying skin problem faced by both men and women of any age group. Market is flooded with many cosmetic products for acne prevention but they harm more than proving a cure. Herbal acne skin care products are the most recommended natural remedies for getting rid of acne, pimples and dark spots.
Note: This pack contains 540 Golden Glow capsules, 6 Chandraprabha ubtan and 1 FREE Aloe Vera gel.
Glisten Plus capsules come loaded with potent herbs and nutrients which have been used since ancient times to keep blood free of toxins. These capsules are purely herbal that can be taken for effective blood detoxification and also as supplements to keep blood purified.
Hylix lotion is a natural hair oil treatment that prevents excessive hair-fall and removes dandruff naturally. It strengthens hairs and improves blood flow in the scalp which reduces number of dead cells and keeps scalp healthy and nourished.
Qty: 100ml per bottle
Golden Glow capsules are the best natural pimple treatments that contain right kind of herbs in perfect dosage to cure acne and other skin problems. These capsules not only cure pimples and prevent scars but also improve overall health, softness and glow of the skin.